Step 2 CK Score Estimator Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickygbv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got 70% right in the usmle website question.
according to the Step 2 CK Score Estimator Results it would be =180?
thank you
noooo.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
first aid ck says
The first score is a three-digit
scaled score based on a predefined proficiency standard. In 2009, the required​
passing score was 184, which required answering 60–70% of questions correctly.

i got a 65% total on the free usmle questions. so if 60-70% of the questions means a passing score of 184, why is that score calculator saying that i would get a 163 +/- 16?!

if this is really true.....this really blows :( it doesn't make sense!

so if the passing score is a 189 now; what is the percentage of questions that need to be answered correctly?
eta: FYI 189/352 = 53%.

Last edited:
Regarding the step 2 CK estimator, I remember feeling dejected because of the score it estimated for me based on my NBME practice test and UWorld %.

I ended up scoring 40 points (!!) higher on the real thing compared to the NBME practice test that I had taken before I started studying in earnest, and 25 points (!!) higher than the score estimated by UWorld.

My caveat is that I tend to be the type of learner that has a steep curve towards the end of my studying as everything "clicks." My overall message remains, thought, to take these estimators with a grain of salt.

Don't sweat it too much. I got 75% on the 137 questions, and certainly scored higher than that indicated. The online estimator is outdated and has a high degree of variability anyway. Just push forward to test day.

Don't sweat it too much. I got 75% on the 137 questions, and certainly scored higher than that indicated. The online estimator is outdated and has a high degree of variability anyway. Just push forward to test day.

I've been told by numerous classmates that the NBME's significantly underestimate your score. The medfriends site also underestimated my score by a good 20-25 points. Hope that helps.

I've been told by numerous classmates that the NBME's significantly underestimate your score. The medfriends site also underestimated my score by a good 20-25 points. Hope that helps.

The NBME's did underestimate my score by about 20-30 points. But I did do 1 and 3, not 2. 2 is notoriously more accurate.

I took a uworld sim exam 29 days before my real test date and got a 180. I put that in the simulator and it said my usmle score would be a 186. Is the Uworld sim exam an underestimation of people's performance?