Step 2 CK score release schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schmartdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have question about the score release schedule---
(and I'm basing my assumptions on the way the Step 1 scores in May/June were released):
Is it true that since all Step 2CK exams taken on or after July 27th through "late august" will be released on September 25th, that means that the last day to take STep 2 CK and have a score on Sep 25th is AUGUST 27th.? So if someone takes the exam between August 28th and September 4th, I will get the result on October 2nd (1 week later)?

Members don't see this ad.

If you do email them, could you post their response here? I would be interested to know the answer for myself.

Is it true that since all Step 2CK exams taken on or after July 27th through "late august" will be released on September 25th, that means that the last day to take STep 2 CK and have a score on Sep 25th is AUGUST 27th.?

No, based on my memory of what they posted: To receive the score by Sept 25th, the last date you can take the exam is July 27.

Members don't see this ad :)
"For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before September 25, it is recommended that they take Step 2 CK no later than July 27, 2013."

http://www.usmle.org/announcements/?ContentId=117

Right they had to take the exam before july 27 to get scores back in the standard 3 weeks (hence they get the scores before sept. 25). For everyone else that takes it after that date up until the end of august you get your scores on sept. 25

Right they had to take the exam before july 27 to get scores back in the standard 3 weeks (hence they get the scores before sept. 25). For everyone else that takes it after that date up until the end of august you get your scores on sept. 25

+1

Thats how I am interpreting it as well. Lets see if I get my score next week.

I asked them this already earlier. They were very vague. I even gave them a specific date. All the response said was yeah if you take it in August then you are expected to receive the results by September 25. Here is hoping they meant all of august. :(

Last edited:
So I know this has been discussed but if I took it on July 27th when should I expect my score report?

I also took it 7/27. I emailed them with this response

"Results for computer-based examinations (Steps 1 and 2 CK) are typically reported within three to four weeks after your test date. However, because of routine modifications to the test item pool, score reporting for most Step 2 CK examinations administered in late July and August will take longer. The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing in late July and August is Wednesday, September 25, 2013.

Since you took your exam so close to the beginning of the USMLE Step 2 CK score delay, your score may or may not be delayed."

Very informative and helpful. :confused: