Step 2 for interviews (FREIDA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minwoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Made a 248 on Step 1 and currently have my Step 2 scheduled for the end of September as I am doing aways from now until the end of August. I recently logged onto FRIEDA and noticed that a good number of programs (Georgetown, Florida, Chicago, Mayo, Einstein, UNC, Wake, Oregon, VCU) require a Step 2 score not just for ranking but even for interviews. I was always told that a decent Step 1 score would suffice for receiving interviews and that I just needed to take Step 2 for ranking purposes. Is it the trend now that more programs are requiring Step 2 for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you viewing that information? I just checked the FRIEDA profile and program website for a few of those schools and can't find that information.

I interviewed at Georgetown, Florida, UNC, and Oregon last year without reporting a step 2 score... I ranked all of them and step 2 score never came up. Either things have changed a lot, or you have bad info.

Members don't see this ad :)
It might be useful to check the program's website and see if you can find something in the FAQs or requirements section.