Step 2 Practice questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gator2886

Vendor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of some GOOD CD Rom with practice questions for USMLE STEP 2 that are broken down into the different specialties, ie peds internal med, ob-gyn. What I am looking for is some questions to study during each rotation. To see if the preceptor is teaching me board relevant stuff and to see if I am getting the material. I have looked at Appleton and Lange and I think NMS. Their questions are not categorized in this fashion. I think Kaplan has their questions broken down like this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

The MKSAP puts out a nice CD that has a lot of good step III practice questions. It's actually made by the ACP, but it should be useful for Step II and for your rotations too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ckent
The MKSAP puts out a nice CD that has a lot of good step III practice questions. It's actually made by the ACP, but it should be useful for Step II and for your rotations too.

Acc to me MKSAP is overkill for step 2.Do it only if you have done the other recommended stuff.Kap Q bank and Q book should suffice.Both the above mentioned sources can be done subjectwise.Rest depends on how well you did your rotations.

Originally posted by gator2886
Does anyone know of some GOOD CD Rom with practice questions for USMLE STEP 2 that are broken down into the different specialties, ie peds internal med, ob-gyn. What I am looking for is some questions to study during each rotation. To see if the preceptor is teaching me board relevant stuff and to see if I am getting the material. I have looked at Appleton and Lange and I think NMS. Their questions are not categorized in this fashion. I think Kaplan has their questions broken down like this. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm using the NMS review for the USMLE step 2 CD (just like the question book but CD format)... There is actually an option to only choose the specialties you want questions from (or you can select all of them). It's got a total of 800 questions. It's ok stuff so far but I'm still in the beginning of cramming...

One more thing... If you use XP, you need to download a .dll file (VB6 Runtime) for the software to work properly... Small file, google it...