Step 3 passed - tricked worked for me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drake19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the USMLE trick worked for me!

score report came out midnight on the dot

took exam early JUne before June 20 - won't give exact date for fear of NBME leechers

peace out NBME leechers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
the USMLE trick worked for me!

score report came out midnight on the dot

took exam early JUne before June 20 - won't give exact date for fear of NBME leechers

peace out NBME leechers!

How much did you study for this thing out of curiosity? i really feel crappy about having failed this, trying to study again but so much study to review again, i'm worried the cases will screw me again. I don't know how I could have failed this. :( Some people say they study a little bit and boom! they pass. Yet I failed. Sucks. I'm sooo embarrassed.

How much did you study for this thing out of curiosity? i really feel crappy about having failed this, trying to study again but so much study to review again, i'm worried the cases will screw me again. I don't know how I could have failed this. :( Some people say they study a little bit and boom! they pass. Yet I failed. Sucks. I'm sooo embarrassed.

Did you take the UWSA and how well did you score? How did you do on Step1/2? How many years out of med school are you? How busy were you on rotations? How anxious were you during the test? How did your CCS go? Looking at all those factors and addressing the ones that can be fixed may help. I assume people who score in the 99th percentile on Step1/2, take their Step 3 intern year, and are in IM/EM/FM residencies probably don't need to study as hard as someone who scored 80th percentile on step 1/2 and took their Step 3 in their final year of Ortho residency. If you were borderline on CCS, I think the fastest way to pass the next time is to crush CCS. That's what I hear.

Did you take the UWSA and how well did you score? How did you do on Step1/2? How many years out of med school are you? How busy were you on rotations? How anxious were you during the test? How did your CCS go? Looking at all those factors and addressing the ones that can be fixed may help. I assume people who score in the 99th percentile on Step1/2, take their Step 3 intern year, and are in IM/EM/FM residencies probably don't need to study as hard as someone who scored 80th percentile on step 1/2 and took their Step 3 in their final year of Ortho residency. If you were borderline on CCS, I think the fastest way to pass the next time is to crush CCS. That's what I hear.

No I have never taken the assessments for any of the steps, and i passed both step 1/2/cs on my first try. I have been out of med school for over 5 years, and I'm always anxious and I had 4 months of awful rotations prior to the test. CCS were pretty bad. I keep debating whether I should retake it or whether I should say screw it and move on with my life and forget I ever became a doctor.

No I have never taken the assessments for any of the steps, and i passed both step 1/2/cs on my first try. I have been out of med school for over 5 years, and I'm always anxious and I had 4 months of awful rotations prior to the test. CCS were pretty bad. I keep debating whether I should retake it or whether I should say screw it and move on with my life and forget I ever became a doctor.

I feel for you. You sound like you're in a really bad place. Failing is terrible (even career threatening for those who need to pass within a specific time frame to keep their jobs), but your reaction makes me think that you need to talk to someone. I think a physician coach may help you reframe your career, goals, attitude, etc. A nihilistic view isn't going to help you no matter what you decide to do in life.

Easy advice: Retake it and just kill the CCS part.