Step 3 preferred study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eidolon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to pick my study materials for Step 3. Ideally, I'd like to pick just 1 book and 1 source for questions. Can anyone offer any insight as to which one to select and why?

-First Aid vs Crush Step 3 (I haven't seen Crush yet but First Aid part doesn't appear to be as detailed as Step I or II so I wonder if it will be sufficient)

-Kaplan Q-bank vs USMLE World

Members don't see this ad.

I used crush and USMLE world.
Plus I bought this CD from an independant seller that was awesome. It helped me to get a really high score.

I thought, Crush was a waiste of time. The UW questions and the CD were awesome! I have heard that Strong Medicine for Step 3 is great too.

If you are interested in the CD.....email the seller.

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
This "awesome" CD seems to be bogus. I'm not taking the Step 3 anytime soon but I was just browsing this forum and thinking ahead to next year...

This "awesome" CD seems to be bogus. I'm not taking the Step 3 anytime soon but I was just browsing this forum and thinking ahead to next year...

the cd contains all of the usmleworld ccs cases, plus kaplan notes for step 3, and so called recalls from previously administered examinations, of which I would not trust the questions, but overall probably worth 75 or so bucks. The different 99 scores that are boasted on this forum and elsewhere though, that is pure fuc"in shady man... pure and simple.

from his website:

"Dear TSH Customers,
The recall file has been removed in its entirety. We have learned that
it was impinging on the intellectual property of the NBME. Soon we
will be adding three more files to take it's place, rendering
THE HIDDEN GEM better than before. We apologize for the
inconvenience. Also please note the EBAY store is being renovated
and will be up and running shortly."

pure douchebaggery.

from his website:

"Dear TSH Customers,
The recall file has been removed in its entirety. We have learned that
it was impinging on the intellectual property of the NBME. Soon we
will be adding three more files to take it's place, rendering
THE HIDDEN GEM better than before. We apologize for the
inconvenience. Also please note the EBAY store is being renovated
and will be up and running shortly."

pure douchebaggery.

dude that is just shady as hell man. And hes lucky that he didnt get in trouble for copyright, as that is USMLE World cases on there, as well as kaplan notes, and so called useless "recalls". The thing is that I wouldnt complain, if he didnt show up everywhere, "I scored a 99/299" and then on another site, FINALLY DONE 97/244 that three digit is in the 99th range :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :laugh:
its funny to notice that hidden gem cd owner gets owned everywhere he goes, like usmle.net, and he gets booooed immediately, and then runs away. I mean if you truly back your product, then you dont shy away from controversy, in other words he doesnt know whether or not it works, he just wants to make money it is too obvious. I highly doubt that this poster has anything at all and whatsoever to do with medicine, let alone USMLE Step 3.