Step 3 prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

New2Midwest

Vigilante
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey-
Probably already covered ad nauseum but I am studying for Step 3 using first aid, crush and NMS (Rosner is author) question book-for those who have taken step 3, is this sufficient? Also, anyone have any opinion on Step 3 Qbank ?'s and USMLE world clinical cases (are these worth paying for?)-Thanks a lot---also, how much time did people spend studying (be honest)...

Members don't see this ad.

New2Midwest said:
Hey-
Probably already covered ad nauseum but I am studying for Step 3 using first aid, crush and NMS (Rosner is author) question book-for those who have taken step 3, is this sufficient? Also, anyone have any opinion on Step 3 Qbank ?'s and USMLE world clinical cases (are these worth paying for?)-Thanks a lot---also, how much time did people spend studying (be honest)...

I used Strong Medicine, the NMS question book, and the CCS from USMLEWorld.com. I'm a psychiatry resident, so have limited primary care clinical experience from residency. I studied about 1 month. For me, this was sufficient to break 200 on Step 3. I thought the cases from USMLEworld were worth the cost.

VentdependenT said:
You can pick up the Q Book off Amazon for less than 30 smackers and I think its the same material as Q Bank. Its not bad. Using NMS book as well.

How long did it take for you to recieve your scheduling material after you registered and paid for the exam?

thanks

PathProspect said:
How long did it take for you to recieve your scheduling material after you registered and paid for the exam?

thanks

i've been hearing 2 weeks to receive your orange ticket, but i'm not sure (as you asked in another thread recently) what exactly you have to send in.