step1 sim exams

Discussion in 'Kaplan Medical USMLE Forum' started by XCdude, Jul 11, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. XCdude

XCdude

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hi,

I took the full length step 1 sim exams. I scored a 76 and 80 on exams 1 and 2 respectively. I took them in exam mode. Can anyone tell me how this correlates a step 1 exam score?
  2. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi XCdude,

Those scores are strong. Our basic guidelines are the same as for Qbank: 65% and above indicate you will pass the actual exam. High 70s, low 80s indicate a high score!

Hopefully you have been or plan on practicing questions before taking your exam. When your self-testing scores meet your expectations, take an NBME self-assessment exam to predict rather accurately your score on USMLE. (Of course, everyone performs differently on test day, where some score higher than when they practiced, and some lower.)

Best of luck!
  3. XCdude

XCdude

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks Emily! I took them just before I wrote step 1. I used them as endurance training before the real deal. I was just wondering if there was any correlation as I am still waiting on results. I hope I did well on the real exam. There were some questions on step 1 that I swear were identical to the ones in the sim exams.
  4. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    That's great news! We appreciate the feedback.

And congratulations for surviving the exam! If you felt confident when you took the exam, you probably did just fine. Please keep us posted!
  5. XCdude

XCdude

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    step 1 = 252
  6. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Congratulations! That's wonderful. Your study plan obviously was a good one, and your dedication to studying, practicing and building up stamina paid off!

Thanks so much for sharing your results. : )