Step2 CK Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summersault

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my scores for Step2CK today and I am wondering what people usually do to release that score to residency programs. My Step2CK score adds a lot to my application since I didn't do well on step 1. I already submitted my applications at the beginning of the month but I really want to make sure that my step2 score is considered as programs are looking at whether or not to give me an interview. Any suggestions on how to best go about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Release it via ERAS. If you chose automatic release, then do nothing since it's already released. It's free, it's quick, and it gets your score directly into the application review process.

Release it via ERAS. If you chose automatic release, then do nothing since it's already released. It's free, it's quick, and it gets your score directly into the application review process.

If the score is a significant drop from step 1, would you recommend holding on to it for 2 weeks or so?

Members don't see this ad :)
can't you not release it at all?

It is possible to not release it, but you may get asked about it on interviews, especially if you put on ERAS that you were going to take it on a certain date. The jig is up at that point.

I don't know which way is better.