Sterling Test Prep - Be Cautious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nabeel06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I hate to make a post like this about a business. However, as a poor college student, I'm sure that many of us are on the same boat when it comes to purchasing books for the MCAT.

I was looking for a company that had stand alone questions for the MCAT and found Sterling's MCAT prep on Amazon. Seeing they had a 5 Star review for all of their books, I began to read the views. For some reason, they did not seem genuine or natural.

I decided to look on other sites and noticed that they also had 5 star reviews on Barnes & Noble as well. Ironically, (this may be a huge coincidence) but the reviewer for the book linked below has the same exact name and posted the review around the same timeframe.
1) JesFord/Jessica Ford
Barnes & Noble: JesFord = 576 days = November 29, 2014
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/revie...p/1120256049?ean=9780989292504#reviews-header

Amazon: Jessica Ford (verified buyer) = December 9, 2014
Amazon product

2)JuliRod/Julio Rodriquez
Barnes & Nobel: JulRod = 404days ago
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/revie...erling-test-prep/1120814503?ean=9781503325036

Amazon: Julio Rodriquez = June 7, 2015 (verified purchase)
Amazon product

I didn't look at any other books/reviews and this could just be a huge coincidence but I know a few other people have also said to be cautious so I don't want to accuse anyone, I just wanted to put this information out there for people to see. Im a graduate student who volunteers and works, so I know how difficult it can be for us all when it comes to out-of-pocket purchases.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for letting me know, I was about to buy this. The reviews on Amazon seem fake. I'm probably going to buy them from a store that allows returns so that I can see what they have to offer.

Thanks for letting me know, I was about to buy this. The reviews on Amazon seem fake. I'm probably going to buy them from a store that allows returns so that I can see what they have to offer.
Hey, no problem! Keep this thread posted with info regarding their prep work so that someone in the future will be able to figure out if it's worth buying or not!