Stethoscope Preference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sacholiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

I was recently accepted to MUCOM for my medical training. Obviously I am super excited about this new phase of my life. However, my parents are apparently MORE excited than myself and would like to get me my stethoscope for medical school for Christmas.

What brand and model would you recommend? I know Littmann is apparently the gold standard, but what model would you recommend?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all-

I was recently accepted to MUCOM for my medical training. Obviously I am super excited about this new phase of my life. However, my parents are apparently MORE excited than myself and would like to get me my stethoscope for medical school for Christmas.

What brand and model would you recommend? I know Littmann is apparently the gold standard, but what model would you recommend?

Thanks.

Black cardio III

Make sure your school doesn't provide you with a stethoscope before purchasing one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure it is approved by your school - some places want you to have a double-lumen.

Littman cardio III as mentioned, and Harvey Elite by Welch-Allyn are what most of your peers will be wearing. You don't need anything "better" - (read more expensive) than that.

Reactions: 1 user
My mom got me a master cardio for undergrad graduation. I can't use it because it's single sided.
Littman cardio III