Stethoscope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stat-a

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting my residency in family medicine and would like to buy a better stethoscope that I can use for both adult and pediatric patients. I am thinking littmann cardiology III stethoscope or littmann master cardiology stethoscope. Which one do you recommend? Currently I use the electronic one, but didn't like it.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be starting my residency in family medicine and would like to buy a better stethoscope that I can use for both adult and pediatric patients. I am thinking littmann cardiology III stethoscope or littmann master cardiology stethoscope. Which one do you recommend? Currently I use the electronic one, but didn't like it.

Thank you.
Cardiology 3. If you leave the diaphragm on the bell it's great for nursery/peds.

Cardiology III or Welch Allyn Harvey Elite. The latter has interchangeable bells and diaphragms for adults and kids. It also eschews the tunable diaphragm, which is a plus (IMO).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for the advise, I will get cardiology III.

Reactions: 1 user
The same price at amazon, but they don't do engraving. I just ordered from steeles.com. Thank you so much again.

Last edited:
On a completely unrelated note, I just scored a NIB Tycos Harvey Triple-Head (the old double-tube design, pre-dating the DLX) on eBay. Old school, baby. ;)

Personally I saved the money and got an AD scope from Amazon
Longer tubing same quality and if it grows legs I am our $70 vs $170

Personally I saved the money and got an AD scope from Amazon
Longer tubing same quality and if it grows legs I am our $70 vs $170

The ADC 602 is a virtual clone of the old Littmann Cardiology II. I would highly recommend it for the budget conscious.

Reactions: 1 users
Cardiology III or Welch Allyn Harvey Elite. The latter has interchangeable bells and diaphragms for adults and kids. It also eschews the tunable diaphragm, which is a plus (IMO).

I agree. I have the 3-head WA and it is fantastic! I didn't realize what I was missing. Previously I had a Cards 3, and yes, I knew how to use it. The Littmann is nice, but now I wish I had had the Welch-Allyn this whole time. I got mine from Amazon - $200.