Stewart University Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you guys think of the new avatar?

All your med schools are belong to Saul.

Members don't see this ad.

haha, Saul's diabolical pompadour needs to be stopped. Kill it! Kill it before it multiplies!

by the way, they've updated their photo section of the website. james ferreti and another professor are shown teaching Chancellor Stewart and Saul. It's the same people over and over.

Members don't see this ad :)

You look like Elvis, but I can barely make out the hair. If you could get the avatar bigger, that would be awesome. I'm sure you make plenty enough as a resident to pay SDN to get more avatar space :).

If stewart gets big, maybe they'll make their own class thread. Who knows?

Here's when he got banned from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ohmssoo7

They shut him down - "Your spam (i.e., your attempt to bilk possibly naive medical school applicants out of money) is definitely not welcome on Wikipedia."

Just so you know, anybody can post things on PRWeb. Several months ago, I tracked one of Saul's internet usernames (which can be found spamming tons of premed forums but also at one place described himself) and it was the same as the IP who had posted several PRWeb pages describing Stewart Med. You'll see on the web page, that these are the pages that are linked to on the "Stewart in the News" Page.

So basically, Saul's responsible for pretty much everything. I wonder if the "doctor" that Saul is pictured with after doing a caesarean isn't actually just some homeless guy that Saul paid to put on scrubs and take a picture with him.

So basically, Saul's responsible for pretty much everything. I wonder if the "doctor" that Saul is pictured with after doing a caesarean isn't actually just some homeless guy that Saul paid to put on scrubs and take a picture with him.

LOL

:laugh:

Seriously though, I don't think that's even a picture of Saul... it doesn't look like the same guy. He probably just went looking for pictures of med students/docs/interns that looked kind of like him.

Sorry for the double-post, but I just found this after I clicked on your link, and googling the Ohmssoo7 username...and this is what I found!!

http://asiafind.com/p/member.cgi?dcb=asiafind&mid=1351169_60147

"I am looking for a person that when I treat like a lady she does not take if for granite and one who does not set limitations on dating"

And he is attending the #1 medical school in the country.

And to finally put the nail in the coffin...this is what I got off of the rest of Wikipedia's reason to delete the page on Stewart...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Kinu/Archive_5

"Thanks for letting me know... but, well, quite frankly, I'm not so sure the school is real. I've been doing a little digging and I find zero information on it outside of press releases, message board posts, etc., by users named "Ohmssoo7" and so forth. The people don't appear to be real individuals, the contact information is bogus (the phone number gets cross-referenced to something called "WEED ABATEMENT INC." and the fax is for "Clearly Yosemite"), the address is for a mall, and the official website is a dead-end (i.e., testimonials seem like a joke). This is in contrast to Caribbean Medical University, which I can actually find citations for elsewhere. This is why I think this is part of some poorly constructed spam campaign by Ohmssoo7 (who may well be the "chancellor"). I'm willing to restore the page, but I seriously doubt that there is anything to this beyond the scam of sending in PayPal funds. I suggest checking this out, which takes the cake. Perhaps AfD would be reasonable in sorting out, once and for all, what is going on here... what are your thoughts? --Kinu t/c 07:13, 28 October 2007 (UTC)"

Man, Wikipedia really does their research and digs hard for the truth...

"I am looking for a person that when I treat like a lady she does not take if for granite and one who does not set limitations on dating"

:laugh: That's awesome.

Seeing all this and hearing him talk on YouTube actually makes me think twice about whether he's behind everything - it seems like too much for the poor guy to come up with all on his own.

So I decided to try and find some more of these people on the website, and there are only two other "real" people among the faculty/staff, as quick google searches revealed:

Mihaela Pepel, MD, ND
http://www.santedayspapdx.com/practitioners.html
No mention of Stewart Med, says she's practicing in Oregon.
But there are no pictures of her on the internet.

Gunilla Leavitt
http://www.savagestupidity.com/credits.html
Graphic artist at savagestupidity.com, no mention of Stewart Med.
Interestingly enough, the picture on Stewart Med's site is a real picture of her.

And of course, James Ferretti who's been discussed above.

Members don't see this ad :)
OMFG AHAHAHAHHAA

About me:
I am a medical student pursuing the art of medicine and hopefully a better understanding on how the human body should function. My hobbies are my Mother and Father, family, studying,fencing,boxing,writing and cooking.

LMAO WTF???

SDN Internet Detective Mafia strikes.

And to finally put the nail in the coffin...this is what I got off of the rest of Wikipedia's reason to delete the page on Stewart...

Ahhh Haaa! There is the Feretti quote I mentioned earlier. And I quote:

"I did email one of the listed professors for the school (who is a real academic) and he did indicate he was asked to teach there and said he would, but said it's not a good place for becoming a real doctor."

"Thanks for letting me know... but, well, quite frankly, I'm not so sure the school is real. I've been doing a little digging and I find zero information on it outside of press releases, message board posts, etc., by users named "Ohmssoo7" and so forth. The people don't appear to be real individuals, the contact information is bogus (the phone number gets cross-referenced to something called "WEED ABATEMENT INC." and the fax is for "Clearly Yosemite"), the address is for a mall, and the official website is a dead-end (i.e., testimonials seem like a joke). This is in contrast to Caribbean Medical University, which I can actually find citations for elsewhere. This is why I think this is part of some poorly constructed spam campaign by Ohmssoo7 (who may well be the "chancellor"). I'm willing to restore the page, but I seriously doubt that there is anything to this beyond the scam of sending in PayPal funds. I suggest checking this out, which takes the cake. Perhaps AfD would be reasonable in sorting out, once and for all, what is going on here... what are your thoughts? --Kinu t/c 07:13, 28 October 2007 (UTC)"

Yeah and the same username (Ohmssoo7) had posted comments under Saul's videos, when people were questioning the validity of the school he wrote "I've met the president, he showed me his AMSA card" I wrote, "Of course you've met him, you ARE him" and then gave a link to the website where the Ohmssoo7 described himself in the same manner Saul had (kinesiology major, GPA. etc.) Unfortunately Saul deleted all of those comments...

I wish wikipedia would put up a page about how Stewart is a scam. I mean, for us its hours of entertainment but there have to be a few Carribean applicants who have been taken by this guy.

Second... I am not sure I would want to go to a school run by this guy

wstewartiii.jpg

I mean, is it just me or does it look like he was on the wrong side of WWII?

Oh and Saul is totally a pawn in all this.. I refuse to believe that the same guy who wrote this testimonial:

"I want to devote respect and discipline to this institution ... One of my interests in applying to Stewart University is the opportunity it is giving to students who are really dedicated to study medicine ... I strongly believe that if I graduated from this institution I will not only be well trained, but I will be able to apply medicine" Saul Amezcua, Jr., current Stewart University Medical Student

Also wrote this press release...
http://partageznouvelles.com/releases/2006/12/prweb488852.htm

During some downtime at work I was looking into Stewart and came across some info on valuemd.com (the big website/forum for Carib MD info). Anyway, the moderators there seemed to know more info about this situation and who the guy is that is behind it all. For anyone that's interested (or bored even), the thread is started here by someone advocating Stewart U, and then the mods come in and begin to put the pieces together that Stew U is a fraud.

http://www.valuemd.com/main-medical-marketplace/120799-stewart-university-taking-transfers.html

This is an excerpt from moderator Sree Cheruku:
"This is not a real medical school. It is a scam - perpertrated by a current or former AUA student. His name seems really familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Anyhow, I'm going to contact the appropriate authorities before anyone gives this guy any money."

"It took me a while, PMs from many of you and a phone call from Adam to finally remember who this guy was. He was an older man who started AUA in January 2006 and constantly complained about every little thing to the extent that everyone avoided him. He used to show up to Adam's SGA meetings and go on and on about the things that AUA didn't have or didn't do. He also used to do bizarre things like tell everyone that he was the heir to the Scottish throne. (Someone e-mailed me his exact quote - ."the rightful aire in the kingdom of Scottland." .)

Stewart University is obviously a scam but I doubt that this guy is a scam artist. I think that he truly believes that he can invent a medical university in the United States, get it licensed, and educate students. Unfortunately, some people are stupid or desperate enough to pay him and attend his school which has no faculty, no accreditation, not even a building. (I found a loophole in his website which allows you to get an application without paying for it. Just go here.) The mailing address on his website routes to an apartment in San Jose, according to Google Maps satellite imagery.

I went ahead and filed a complaint with California's Department of Consumer Affairs. Further, flooding this forum with advertising is not permitted. If you see any further posts advertising his school, please use the red exclamation button on the upper right corner of the post to report it.

Though this guy is completely delusional, some of his claims about AUA and its faculty are not unsubstantiated. During my four semesters at AUA, there were numerous confirmed incidents of cheating, favoritism along ethnic lines, etc. The school has, as recently as four months ago, begun to crack down on some of this but they need to do more. There needs to be an institutionalized policy on academic dishonesty that is strictly enforced. Teachers also need to be trained in protecting the data on their computers. It's unbelievable how many times exams were lifted off the desktops or flash drives of unwary professors."

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I found it an interesting read on a dull day.

Wow. Has anyone been able to access the application? I tried clicking on the link in the previous post, but it didn't work.

I could use a good laugh. :D

Seems like they have a new "School catalog" up now that reads like it was written by a 14 year old...

"Q: I would like to know if after obtaining my MD degree at
Stewart University, will I be able to practice in the state of
California.
A: We are glad that you have family and friends that can
prompt you to ask questions, and influence you in your
career choices, although most people don't have all the
options or the facts when they try to influence other
individuals, and make unintelligent/uninformed decisions and
comments. Many people will give advice, when they do not
have to live with their own recommendations later, and they
do not know what they are talking about, despite
representing themselves as authorities on some subject,
particularly this one, which is quite complicated, or, just
merely asking the question to make you think that since we
are an international school, we can’t possibly come thru for
you."

Many people will give advice, when they do not
you.

Longest.... sentence.... ever.

Seems like they have a new "School catalog" up now that reads like it was written by a 14 year old...

"Q: I would like to know if after obtaining my MD degree at
Stewart University, will I be able to practice in the state of
California.
A: We are glad that you have family and friends that can
prompt you to ask questions, and influence you in your
career choices, although most people don't have all the
options or the facts when they try to influence other
individuals, and make unintelligent/uninformed decisions and
comments. Many people will give advice, when they do not
you."

Nonsense. My 14 year old cousins at least attempt to answer questions correctly.

Stewart University is obviously a scam but I doubt that this guy is a scam artist. I think that he truly believes that he can invent a medical university in the United States, get it licensed, and educate students. Unfortunately, some people are stupid or desperate enough to pay him and attend his school which has no faculty, no accreditation, not even a building. (I found a loophole in his website which allows you to get an application without paying for it. Just go here.) The mailing address on his website routes to an apartment in San Jose, according to Google Maps satellite imagery.

Well that link doesn't work anymore so this guy must be reading that board. now you have to wait and have him send you the application unless its always been that way...

I really have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon?!?!?!

Look who just posted under the new video:

ohmssoo7 (17 minutes ago) Show Hide Marked as spam

Reply | Spam

That is incorrect, the campus is located on Federal Ground not international. All schools must follow the guidelines when it comes to accreditation and you know what the guidelines are, its MONEY!

He should really get a new username...

I'm really bored this break...so this whole thing about Stewart is keeping me busy...

The previous link to the valuemd forum definitely shows that even as far back as 2006, Stewart University has already been found out as a scam, perpetrated by a disgruntled AUA student...so the question is...why hasn't anything been done?

ALL HAIL, CHANCELLOR STEWART!!

During some downtime at work I was looking into Stewart and came across some info on valuemd.com (the big website/forum for Carib MD info). Anyway, the moderators there seemed to know more info about this situation and who the guy is that is behind it all. For anyone that's interested (or bored even), the thread is started here by someone advocating Stewart U, and then the mods come in and begin to put the pieces together that Stew U is a fraud.

http://www.valuemd.com/main-medical-marketplace/120799-stewart-university-taking-transfers.html

"This is not a real medical school. It is a scam - perpertrated by a current or former AUA student. His name seems really familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Anyhow, I'm going to contact the appropriate authorities before anyone gives this guy any money."

"It took me a while, PMs from many of you and a phone call from Adam to finally remember who this guy was. He was an older man who started AUA in January 2006 and constantly complained about every little thing to the extent that everyone avoided him. He used to show up to Adam's SGA meetings and go on and on about the things that AUA didn't have or didn't do. He also used to do bizarre things like tell everyone that he was the heir to the Scottish throne. (Someone e-mailed me his exact quote - ."the rightful aire in the kingdom of Scottland." .)

I went ahead and filed a complaint with California's Department of Consumer Affairs. Further, flooding this forum with advertising is not permitted. If you see any further posts advertising his school, please use the red exclamation button on the upper right corner of the post to report it.

Though this guy is completely delusional, some of his claims about AUA and its faculty are not unsubstantiated. During my four semesters at AUA, there were numerous confirmed incidents of cheating, favoritism along ethnic lines, etc. The school has, as recently as four months ago, begun to crack down on some of this but they need to do more. There needs to be an institutionalized policy on academic dishonesty that is strictly enforced. Teachers also need to be trained in protecting the data on their computers. It's unbelievable how many times exams were lifted off the desktops or flash drives of unwary professors."
I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I found it an interesting read on a dull day.

Ahh, good find!

Okay so heres the great debate... Does this guy KNOW he is scamming people or is he a disgruntled AUA student who had to go to the Carribean and thought in his dilusional state "I'll just start my own international school for people who want to stay in the states?". Maybe he heard the "If you build it.. they will come" voice in his head and he thinks this will all come together if he tries har enough.

Just read through that valueMD thread. Interesting stuff... I wonder why this guy is still making youtube videos and, more importantly, trying to promote this fake school.

Lol so this thread kept me busy for a good 2 hours today.. Thanks for that.. I also was fairly amused on the valuemd site they tell "mr. california" to come spam SDN lol

Just read through that valueMD thread. Interesting stuff... I wonder why this guy is still making youtube videos and, more importantly, trying to promote this fake school.

Maybe people actually send application fees to him?

I really hope there aren't people that dumb out there...

Don't mean to veer off-topic, but this post from the ValueMD forums made my day:

Mr California or whoever you are, you must be sounding very despirate by attacking AUA the way you have been doing here. What are you? have you been kicked out and want to lash your anger on AUA. Look at yourself a mesarable slogan, you sounded worst than Gieco. Even the school Stawart that you are raving about dosent even have a standard web site are you are claming it's in california, I am not surprise may it was created by your Govnor Anold shua-black person!!!!!! I hope you find something else to do rather come here and spill off your tough on this site.

I am not an administrator nor a student yet! But you will not stop me from applying to AUA. Dont forget that school do not make the student, but the student makes the school. If alot of student failed their classes 90% of the time is the student while 5% might be the instructor while the other 5% undetermined. This is no "hally-wood" go back to your state where people are only condern about filming, acting and decorating and stop lossing your sences here.

The next time i hear you taking about the tramp of a school you will feel my feet in your *** hole. sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant waite to hear back from you.

I shudder to think people like this might one day practice alongside us in the USA...

Don't mean to veer off-topic, but this post from the ValueMD forums made my day:

Mr California or whoever you are, you must be sounding very despirate by attacking AUA the way you have been doing here. What are you? have you been kicked out and want to lash your anger on AUA. Look at yourself a mesarable slogan, you sounded worst than Gieco. Even the school Stawart that you are raving about dosent even have a standard web site are you are claming it's in california, I am not surprise may it was created by your Govnor Anold shua-black person!!!!!! I hope you find something else to do rather come here and spill off your tough on this site.

I am not an administrator nor a student yet! But you will not stop me from applying to AUA. Dont forget that school do not make the student, but the student makes the school. If alot of student failed their classes 90% of the time is the student while 5% might be the instructor while the other 5% undetermined. This is no "hally-wood" go back to your state where people are only condern about filming, acting and decorating and stop lossing your sences here.

The next time i hear you taking about the tramp of a school you will feel my feet in your *** hole. sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant waite to hear back from you.

I shudder to think people like this might one day practice alongside us in the USA...

sounds like a sista wrote that. thank god for affirmative action:smuggrin:

:D I read that too and it gave me a headache.

On another note...
When I first visited that site (valuemd), I didn't understand what was going on--it's like a different world over there. From what I've gathered, it seems many lesser known foreign med schools have an abundance of "school cheerleaders". These cheerleaders then bash other schools and hype their own schools up on the forum, in attempt to steer would be Carib students toward their schools.

Knowing this, it could explain that poster's reaction you quoted, as I think that type of school bashing is not all that uncommon so individuals then defend their school vehemently. Also, it would explain why our beloved Saul keeps responding to people on youtube in ways such as, "which carib school paid you to bash Stewart University?"

It's a weird world there outside the traditional MD/DO route. Who knew there was so much bantering between schools?

haha, Saul's diabolical pompadour needs to be stopped. Kill it! Kill it before it multiplies!

by the way, they've updated their photo section of the website. james ferreti and another professor are shown teaching Chancellor Stewart and Saul. It's the same people over and over.

You know what's the best? Go here: http://www.stewartmed.org/campus.html , go to the first semester pictures, and click on the 3rd picture down. The guy "writing on the board" isn't even holding anything in his hand!

Haha, Saul deleted my comments from youtube when I asked how they plan to be accredited.

What was the deal with that whole thing about the naval postgraduate school (wow must I have a bad case of senioritis giving this BS this much thought)?

Anka

There aren't any pictures of the actual building either. And "conveniently," the articles in the section called "Stewart in the News" has "faulty" links to the LA Times and the Stanford Daily.

Coincidence... I think not!

I love how the pictures of "campus" are actually just pictures of the beach and the closest beach to the "address" is 15 miles away. ******ED. Oh and if you look at the pictures of the classroom, there are only 4 students and NONE of them are Saul (at least I don't think so)... poor Saul... Have you read his writing or listened to him talk? He is like Lennie from Of Mice and Men. He is just being used. There is a George behind all of this, I just know it!

He is like Lennie from Of Mice and Men. He is just being used. There is a George behind all of this, I just know it!
When will George put him out of his misery, providing he leaves him with an everlasting image of the perfect med school?

When will George put him out of his misery, providing he leaves him with an everlasting image of the perfect med school?

Probably not until Saul has suckered a few more people into joining the Stewart University cult... then Saul will no longer be of any use... poor Saul. I think he rode the short bus. We must get him out of the clutches of Stewart University before its too late!

That's awesome. He does lurk!

Sorry for the double-post, but I just found this after I clicked on your link, and googling the Ohmssoo7 username...and this is what I found!!

http://asiafind.com/p/member.cgi?dcb=asiafind&mid=1351169_60147

I like the pic that is ten years old and the "body type: athletic". HAHAHA! Both of his chins are athletic!