Stick with Internship or Leave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtlam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a bit of a dilemma, I am currently a CVS intern in my last year of pharmacy school. I've been with CVS for 3 years already and now my DM wants me to decide whether or not I should be in the pharmacy intern program.

I've already made up my mind about not wanting to work for CVS when I graduate. However if I choose not to continue with the intern program, I'm out of a job. Do you guys think I should stick it out till a find another job though I'm worried about burning bridges if I decide to go through with it and then leaving afterwards. Should I leave now and be better off focusing on other things such as a residency etc?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thing I'm worried about is my PIC said it would be unprofessional to do that and plus this is during my IAP (Intern Assessment Plan). I've been told I'm not meeting their expectation on the business side of things.

The only thing I'm worried about is my PIC said it would be unprofessional to do that and plus this is during my IAP (Intern Assessment Plan). I've been told I'm not meeting their expectation on the business side of things.

It's not unprofessional as long as you provide sufficient notice when you do get another job. Avoid making statements indicating that you will be with the company long term and want to work there as a pharmacist, etc if possible. Just do and say what you have to do to keep your job until you find another one, then resign professionally and provide 2 weeks notice. It's up to your boss whether you will actually work out those 2 weeks.