Still getting interviews/rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drp53

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I got 1 Iv in NY and 1 rejection in NJ. Just keep hope alive, invites are still going out.

Members don't see this ad.

that's encouraging, b/c I got only one interview this week and 3 rejections. :( Anybody else with invites still coming?

I got half my interview invites in the last week. I was starting to think I wasn't going to get any more since it's the middle of November, but they're still coming (at least for Peds).

i wouldn't be surprised to see one last bundle of interviews go out in mid-Dec as people cancel their Jan interviews they no longer feel are necessary, and the programs try to ensure an adequate number of candidates to make sure they fill via the match. just my guess based on no facts whatsoever.

So I haven't heard anything from a few programs, including one I'd probably be very interested in (though it is a reach for me to get in)...I was assuming this is a bad thing, but is that true? Do all the programs tell you something eventually?

Edit: oh, I also applied late, basically at the last minute before the deadline.

I got two IM invites and one family practice invite today. So some programs are still sending them out.

Got an invite yesterday as well for gen surg. The freaking program said they notified me over a month ago but I never received it. I wonder how often this happens!

Got one today (invite) in neurology...I was surprised!

This is not good...no invitation since mid part of Nov. Only rejection or wait-list notifications since then. :( I'm Gen Surg here.

Got an FP invite today. It works well because I had a single interview in that state scheduled, and now I can kill two birds with one plane ride.

One interview for IM from the program of my choice :D

invite from yale radiology, yesterday.

some programs freakin lag.

got interview for FM - had to have phone interview with PD before getting formal interview invite :eek:!

got interview for FM - had to have phone interview with PD before getting formal interview invite :eek:!

Yeah, that happened to me too. I had a phone interview with one FM program in Alabama, before getting the actual invite.

yes, but considering that I am born, raised, and schooled the UK, one would have thought that the English Language thing wouldn't really be questioned.

I had a phone interview before getting an invite at one program too. I was born and raised in the USA. I can't remember what he asked me - I think it might have been something about my clinical experience or something.

yes, but considering that I am born, raised, and schooled the UK, one would have thought that the English Language thing wouldn't really be questioned.

Was this program in Alabama as well? Maybe he was making sure you don't speak english too well to communicate with Alabamans? ;)