General Admissions & OTCAS Stony Brook acceptances/rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Didn't see a post for the potential 2015 OT candidates for stony brook university yet, so decided to make my own! So has anyone heard anything yet?? The anxiety is killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was accepted to the Southampton campus for OT starting in June. Do they post the info somewhere of others who have been accepted? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats @OTDad72 !! When did you get the call?? If you don't mind me asking :nailbiting:
And I interviewed at the end of March @Ot2be15 ! Still hoping for a response, no word yet though!

I interviewed in the first round in December. I received a call a week later offering me a seat in the Southampton class. You may want to email Catherine Gropper to find out your status, good luck!

I interviewed March 28th and haven't heard anything yet either!

I interviewed March 28th and haven't heard anything yet either!
Hi!
I interviews then too!! I thought they said within 2 weeks (post interview) we would hear back. Haven't heard back yet and I'm super anxious about it!! Has ANYONE who interviewed in either JAN 2015 or MARCH 2015heard back? Either with acceptance or rejection? The prospective applicants can't be waitlisted until both campuses have filled their seats, right??
I really hope to hear back soon! Good luck everyone! :)

Hey all! I interviewed on march 28th and on april 6th I was notified that I was placed on alternate list by email. I really really hope I get in through the alternate list! Stony Brook is my dream school!

Hey all! I interviewed on march 28th and on april 6th I was notified that I was placed on alternate list by email. I really really hope I get in through the alternate list! Stony Brook is my dream school!
Hey, what's the alternate list?
I interviewed then as well but haven't heard anything! :/ not by email or mail... Is the alt list applied to both SBU. Campus and the SH campus?

I just got an email that I was rejected. Best of luck to you guys - I hope you get better news than me

Hey, what's the alternate list?
I interviewed then as well but haven't heard anything! :/ not by email or mail... Is the alt list applied to both SBU. Campus and the SH campus?

Hey! The alternate list is the wait list and I'm sure it applies to both SBU campus and SH campus. But keep your hopes up! If they didn't notify you by email or mail yet, then maybe they are still considering you? Or you can email cathy and maybe she can tell you your status.

How were you placed on the alt list before so many of us haven't heard back?! I can't tell if that's good news, or bad news! :) does that mean they've made their decisions (or technically made them by 4/6) but haven't gotten back to everyone? Thanks for letting me know! :) hope you get in thru the list too!! :)

How were you placed on the alt list before so many of us haven't heard back?! I can't tell if that's good news, or bad news! :) does that mean they've made their decisions (or technically made them by 4/6) but haven't gotten back to everyone? Thanks for letting me know! :) hope you get in thru the list too!! :)

To be honest I don't know :(. I hope its good news and that I have a good chance of getting in even though I'm in the alt list. I feel like they may have made some of their decisions but not filled up all the seats? Thank you :) and keep your hopes up too! Best of luck to you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello my interview was on March 28th and I was placed on the alternate list and got accepted to the Stony Brook OT Program on April 29th so there is still hope for anyone that gets placed on the alternate list. I don't know anyone from that area so I wanted to see if any other got accepted for this program.