Strauss' + Florida MPJE - Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Myst1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So wanting to move from gloomy Michigan to sunny Florida. It's been a while since I took my exam (6 years to be exact). In other words - don't remember much of the law especially since I work in a hospital pharmacy this entire time (you're more in tune with the law if you work community I think...).

I read a couple of posts suggesting Strauss' review - it's a hefty $167. My question is - is it worth it? I tried amazon, barnes and noble etc - they only carry Strauss' fifth edition which is from 2000 - that can't be the newest edition right?

Eitherway, my question is - anyone here want to sell their used copy or knows where I can purchase a used copy? Also - what other sources would you suggest? I know there is the Florida Pharmacy website - which has about 600++ pages worth of info... looking for more of a shorter/concise review.

If anyone has any reviews they may want to share - my e-mail is at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! How are you? I will like to help you. If we can connect and communicate through email that will be helpful. I am a new PharmD graduate and I am in Florida, I received my PharmD education in Pittsburgh. I have some notes that I found on SDN. I will send them to you via email. Please join my network and I can contact you via email.

Thank you! I hope that we can connect and help each other.
Hey,

So wanting to move from gloomy Michigan to sunny Florida. It's been a while since I took my exam (6 years to be exact). In other words - don't remember much of the law especially since I work in a hospital pharmacy this entire time (you're more in tune with the law if you work community I think...).

I read a couple of posts suggesting Strauss' review - it's a hefty $167. My question is - is it worth it? I tried amazon, barnes and noble etc - they only carry Strauss' fifth edition which is from 2000 - that can't be the newest edition right?

Eitherway, my question is - anyone here want to sell their used copy or knows where I can purchase a used copy? Also - what other sources would you suggest? I know there is the Florida Pharmacy website - which has about 600++ pages worth of info... looking for more of a shorter/concise review.

If anyone has any reviews they may want to share - my e-mail is at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

I can give you a second hand account from a friend of mine that used Strauss' book for FL. He used RXPrep MPJE review and bombed the crap out of the test. He got a copy of Strauss' FL review and passed it the second time with reviewing the book for 12 days. He said that Strauss was the reason he passed.

Reactions: 1 user