Stressed out about MCAT. Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm three weeks in studying for my MCAT on July 14th, and I am only using ExamKrackers. However, the science portion destroyed me (bio and chem are ok, but physics and ochem :eek:) Every time I took their 30-minute practice exams and I was like :confused: I consider myself as a good student with a solid cGPA and sGPA, nonetheless i feel like a ***** after doing EK practice questions. I am planning on taking the official practice test #11 some time next week to see how it goes, but meanwhile I am super stressed out about MCAT because I only have three weeks left. I feel like I will be getting a score below 20 :scared: Can anyone comment on how EK compared to the real thing? How much science is really necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The MCAT is densely pack with science. Science is very necessary.

I can not say much about the examkrackers because I studied by taking a bunch of practice exams.

So I'm three weeks in studying for my MCAT on July 14th, and I am only using ExamKrackers. However, the science portion destroyed me (bio and chem are ok, but physics and ochem :eek:) Every time I took their 30-minute practice exams and I was like :confused: I consider myself as a good student with a solid cGPA and sGPA, nonetheless i feel like a ***** after doing EK practice questions. I am planning on taking the official practice test #11 some time next week to see how it goes, but meanwhile I am super stressed out about MCAT because I only have three weeks left. I feel like I will be getting a score below 20 :scared: Can anyone comment on how EK compared to the real thing? How much science is really necessary?

I think at the beginning of the EK books it says those quizzes are harder than the Actual MCAT. I think my EK quizzes ranged from 6-10 on Physics and Orgo. On AAMC 7 and 8 I didn't get lower than a 9 on either PS or BS.

All those quizzes at the end are stand alone, so you can't use the paragraph to make inferences that help.

Members don't see this ad :)
i felt like the EK questions were pretty fair. my scores for their 30 minute practices exams consistently fell around the range my real MCAT score, give or take 2 or 3 points.

I am taking the Sept 11th exam and I can not focus. I am using EK also. Very nervous. I just finished two intense 3-week summer classes and I am now working full-time in a research lab. I am wondering if I should take a practice exam first to see where I stand???:scared:

I am taking the Sept 11th exam and I can not focus. I am using EK also. Very nervous. I just finished two intense 3-week summer classes and I am now working full-time in a research lab. I am wondering if I should take a practice exam first to see where I stand???:scared:

Definitely take AAMC 3 (free one from MCAT) as a baseline. You've got nearly three months and you're shooting for low twenties. There ain't nothing to be nervous for!

I sure am! I haven't been in a class room in about 3 years! Self study is not a big confidence booster lol

I sure am! I haven't been in a class room in about 3 years! Self study is not a big confidence booster lol

When I took it, I hadn't had any exposure of those science prereq courses for 5 years. It's doable. I "studied" after work every day for a month, and I was ok. Most ppl overestimate how much they remember from these courses anyways :)

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I will just cut down my time on SDN and Facebook to focus more on the studying part. Anyway, I just figured out one thing which lifted some of my stress, there're only 52 questions on each science section covering two parts(orgo+bio, chem+physics) at a time, meaning less than 30 questions each. EK gives more than 100 questions to practice and so does the practice exams. There're not many ways to ask the same concept :rolleyes:

In terms of prep courses .... What is better, Kaplan or Princeton review?

I'm taking the test next year and I'm already stressin' out! Haha not really, I'm more-so worried that I am actually going to have to sit down and study for this thing separately while I'm taking a full course-load, yay!