Strong EM programs with strong CCM fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexandertg6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a touch of advice,

I'm an MS4 applying for EM. I know it is naive to be set on a fellowship before residency, but given that I loved my EM and CCM rotations equally I want to make sure to check out all programs that have strong EM training and CCM fellowships who have been known to take EM residents (even better if they have taken their own). I just want to make sure not to overlook any programs that might fit me, so if any programs come to mind please let me know so I don't miss any.

Thanks!

Alex

Members don't see this ad.

University of Michigan - very unique offering of EC3 (Emergency Critical Care Center), which is a short-term ICU within the ED run by the ED intensivists - it is an integral rotation in the residency and for all of the critical care fellowships here. The fellowship programs have reserved spots (1 in Anes CC and 1 in Med CC) for EM applicants each year. Last 1 year one was filled internally from the residency and 1 from outside.

At UMD we have a combined EM/IM/CC pathway. A number of graduates have also done the surgical critical care pathway through the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Penn is opening an ED critical care space and recruited some pretty great new faculty to help staff it, in addition to existing resus faculty who were already extremely strong.

Penn is opening an ED critical care space and recruited some pretty great new faculty to help staff it, in addition to existing resus faculty who were already extremely strong.
One of whom was a graduate from our program!