Structuring you schedule.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocInDaHouse93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody that started off at a community college and then transferred to a 4 year or if you're at a four year I need your advice. Is it wise to take classes in the summer? I'll start taking classes in October at a community college and I went and talked to my advisor and she says it's totally up to me...how did you all go about structuring your classes? If you didn't or don't take classes in the summer what did you do? THANKS :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody that started off at a community college and then transferred to a 4 year or if you're at a four year I need your advice. Is it wise to take classes in the summer? I'll start taking classes in October at a community college and I went and talked to my advisor and she says it's totally up to me...how did you all go about structuring your classes? If you didn't or don't take classes in the summer what did you do? THANKS :)
Classes in the summer are usually more rigorous and intense because the semesters are typically shorter. If you are just starting out, I suggest you use the first couple of semesters to develop great studying skills and learn how to use your time wisely in college to get the best grades you can. When you master that, knock yourself out and take whatever classes in the summer you want.

Reactions: 1 user
Classes in the summer are usually more rigorous and intense because the semesters are typically shorter. If you are just starting out, I suggest you use the first couple of semesters to develop great studying skills and learn how to use your time wisely in college to get the best grades you can. When you master that, knock yourself out and take whatever classes in the summer you want.

Thank you!