Student Conduct Violation: Bodily Harm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninja100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm not actually a pre med student, I'm a pre-physical therapy student. I posted this under pre-med because I thought it would get more views. My freshman year of college, I was in my dorm and another student thought he was being funny by throwing food around in my room. He was sitting on my bed and I told him to leave my room and he wouldnt. We started wrestling on my bed and I pulled him off of it. I then sat down and told him to leave again. He came up to me and starting smacking me in the head with a pillow. I stood up and pushed him back and he fell back and hit his head on the wall and got a concussion. I regret what I did and did not mean to hurt him. The police did not charge me with assault but my student conduct record states intent of bodily harm but also notes that I did not have malicious intent. I am a junior with a 3.6 GPA and am applying to Physical Therapy School in the fall. Is this going to keep me from getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are given a chance to explain the situation, probably not.

Hi. I'm not actually a pre med student, I'm a pre-physical therapy student. I posted this under pre-med because I thought it would get more views. My freshman year of college, I was in my dorm and another student thought he was being funny by throwing food around in my room. He was sitting on my bed and I told him to leave my room and he wouldnt. We started wrestling on my bed and I pulled him off of it. I then sat down and told him to leave again. He came up to me and starting smacking me in the head with a pillow. I stood up and pushed him back and he fell back and hit his head on the wall and got a concussion. I regret what I did and did not mean to hurt him. The police did not charge me with assault but my student conduct record states intent of bodily harm but also notes that I did not have malicious intent. I am a junior with a 3.6 GPA and am applying to Physical Therapy School in the fall. Is this going to keep me from getting in?

Apply as a URM and everything will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should try anger management dude, seriously....

I'm assuming this is meant as a joke, as a college freshman, being irritated, stuff happens.

As for the OP, explain the situation. I'm pretty sure you will be fine. I mean stuff does happen and as long as you show remorse and understanding, along with growth, it should work.

If what happened went down like the OP described it, I don't think what he did is indicative of an underlying anger problem. It sounds like that other student was being a douche. It's unfortunate that things took a turn for the worse like they did, but all you can do is explain your situation, express remorse, and show how you've matured.