Student Debt Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What will be your total student debt upon graduation

• <$50k

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • $50k - $100k

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • $100k - $150k

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • $150k - $200k

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • $200k - $250k

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • $250k - $300k

Votes: 33 23.6%
  • $300k - $350k

Votes: 27 19.3%
  • >$350k

Votes: 36 25.7%

• Total voters
To max out 401k/Roth/investment while living off 70k and still have enough money to "pay back fast", you need an income of 300K+.
Planning on it. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
O Sugar mama, Sugar mama, wherefore art thou?

Reactions: 1 users
What do you guys think about the National Health Service Corps for repayment?

I'd like to know some thoughts on this too. They have the students-to-service program that looks intriguing.

Not a bad option, but keep in mind you'll likely be working in a location that is less than desirable. Another thing to think about is overall compensation. If you do that program and get paid 130k/year, you'd be better off just finding a job that pays 200k/yr. Idk how common that is, but it was something an attending on here said to keep in mind at one point.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a bad option, but keep in mind you'll likely be working in a location that is less than desirable. Another thing to think about is overall compensation. If you do that program and get paid 130k/year, you'd be better off just finding a job that pays 200k/yr. Idk how common that is, but it was something an attending on here said to keep in mind at one point.
Yeah I think its great, though also a very easy way to owe some serious time to the government. What I have gathered is that the site that you end up at is your choosing as long as you start the job search a year before you graduate residency. I would love to live in a small town so picking a site, of which there are plenty to choose from on the NHSC jobs website, would be easy. What scares me is committing to primary care from day one. I'm all about practicing family medicine, but there are so many specialties I have no exposure to and I may find a totally different niche in medical school.