About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

student visa after rejection!!

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by taha, Apr 10, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. taha

taha

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi There!! I need advice regarding student visa for UOP.. Unfortunately though I got accepted at UPENN my F1 student visa got rejected at the US consulate in India.. Now my only chance to fulfill my dream is UOP and I need advice regarding the interview for student visa ..It would be great if all the students applying for F1 from their home country come together to share ideas and information...
  2. shanerang

shanerang

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Oh.. that is so unfortunate.. did they mention why??
  3. kanish

kanish

Dentist
    Hey taha, I also have to attend student visa in India for F1. If you donot mind can you please tell me what they asked the visa interview? I am really scared!! Please kindly tell me the reason the visa was rejected? It would help me a lot. I have only one school admission and need to get stamped before joining. Please help me out.
  4. taha

taha

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi There, My F1 visa got rejected due to pure rotten luck.. I had my H4 To F1 visa conversion done in US itself.. they viewed me as a potentiel immigrant as I have a US born son and I had my uncle in US sponsoring the course..They felt after doing such an expensive course I wont come back to India to practice.. Plz lemme know if you have any ideas..
  5. maiya

maiya

Dentist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    hey fren,
    it is sad to hear about that,when did your visa got rejected?I think you can study in h4 visa,so transfer it to h4,and get cosigner for loan,i don;t think you have to convert visa.I hope it helps
  6. appu09

appu09

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    well when I went for H4 to F1..they asked me about my plans after I graduate I told her I would want to work for a few years..and my visa got approved
  7. motirani

motirani

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi Taha,

I was wondering whether you can just go back to your H4 and do your course with that visa?
  8. surry

surry

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi Taha,
    I was wondering if you can defer your admission for next year if you cant come now. You could ask the school.
  9. Holly J

Holly J BE STRONG!

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Do schools actually defer admission for an year? Never heard that!:confused:
    Did that actually happen with anybody?
  10. Holly J

Holly J BE STRONG!

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Thank you.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  11. dentistpulse

dentistpulse

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i agree with holly j
  12. surry

surry

SDN 2+ Year Member
    You can always approach and see if they will defer the admission. Try everything possible
  13. sana1986

sana1986

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    usually the schools defer the admission to the next session.. like from fall to spring or vice versa,,, that happens for courses like MHA/MPH etc.. not sure about dental schools.
  14. surry

surry

SDN 2+ Year Member
    what is the latest on your visa
  15. Ninety

Ninety

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I applied in Feb. and my visa is still under processing. It's been almost three months since I applied and nothing happened yet. All I can do, as they said, is to wait.
  16. taha

taha

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi Friends!! thank u soo much for all your advices I really appreciate it..Unfortunately though I tried to request UPENN for a defrement I wasnt sucessful.. now my only chance is UOP.plz advice regarding the student visa interview at the US consulate..I would appreciate any feedback or advice regarding the documents esp finanacial documents..