students loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TargetDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all....heard that latest US budget policies are set to affect d subsidized students loan pocily....that is...that the loan policy dat allowed d student to begin paying bck aftr 6 months of completion of course will not be applicable now on...n they vl hv to begin paying bck immediately aftr completion of course...being an international applicant for this year and hoping to make it to one of univ's advanced standing program...these changes if implemented...are set to affect me and all d applicants of this year....ANYBODY ELSE WITH ANY INFORMATION REGARDING D SAME...??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey thats really a bad news if its true... anyone else got this info too ??
hi all....heard that latest US budget policies are set to affect d subsidized students loan pocily....that is...that the loan policy dat allowed d student to begin paying bck aftr 6 months of completion of course will not be applicable now on...n they vl hv to begin paying bck immediately aftr completion of course...being an international applicant for this year and hoping to make it to one of univ's advanced standing program...these changes if implemented...are set to affect me and all d applicants of this year....ANYBODY ELSE WITH ANY INFORMATION REGARDING D SAME...??

@bhavi...ya it is....read about it on cnn.com in the proposed policy by US govt...i am not sure if this change is also included in the final policy which was signed...if any1 has any info pls let us knw...thnx...

Members don't see this ad :)
hi ....
i m green card holder have any chance fr loan fr my study advanced dental program ?how?
please reply

You can have federal loans if you have GC...provided you have filed your taxes for at least one year. In other words you must have some income for atleast one financial yr before the year you r filing for ur loans.

Another thing, this new law...if implemented will not hold any water because then more and more citizens as well as perm residents will go to the private lenders, i.e the banks whose interest rates are lower for people with fairly good credit scores as I speak. so lets wait and watch.

That's some real bad news...
firstly, i have been listening from a couple of months, that fresh DDS graduates are not gettin jobs so easily and now this too...!!!

hope we get over this economic crisis soon..