Students wanted for volunteer student org

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SAAND.ORG

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Lisle Blackbourn. I currently am President of a non-profit organization called SAAND. SAAND stands for Support, Advocacy, and Awareness of Neurodegenerative Diseases. Our "branches" are student run student organizations. I am posting this because we are looking to expand to other campuses! We are looking for pre-medical students to run their own SAAND student organizations at their campuses. We do a lot of volunteer work for the ALS Association, the American Parkinson's Disease Association, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Huntington's Disease Society of America, and the Alzheimer's Association. We currently have student organizations at UW-Madison, the University of Iowa, the University of Florida, the University of Texas at Dallas, and UW-Milwaukee to help connect college students who want to go into medicine with these opportunities. I believe this is an excellent way to help students connect with the community and give back, while gaining valuable experience for medical school. Feel free to email have any questions or are interested. Also check out our website at saand.org for more info.

Thank you for your time,

Lisle Blackbourn
[email protected]
SAAND President/CEO

Members don't see this ad.

We also have ones at ASU and Monmouth starting up! Medical schools love this type of volunteer and leadership work!