Study areas - North NJ/NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Keza

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for a good, quite area to study around here. I've been going to Panera, Starbucks, b&n but those places are really distracting to me...i'm done with school so i can't even go to my uni cuz id have to pay the meter for parking by the hour....also the libraries in my area close pretty early...home is also not an option cuz its a small place and my mom can't seem to stop bothering me every once in a while

so that brings me to my question, do you guys know any good study areas, possibly with wifi to study around here?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the exact same problem, and I've found 2 libraries that I like a lot:

1. Jefferson Market branch of the New York Public Library. It's between W 9th and W 10th I think. The basement has wifi and plenty of power outlets and is dead quiet.

2. Also NYPL but the one on 42nd St and 5th Ave. This location has wifi as well.

I like the first one better just because there is always a lot of tourists in the second one and gets noisy sometimes when I have to take my full lengths.

Good luck!

I had the exact same problem, and I've found 2 libraries that I like a lot:

1. Jefferson Market branch of the New York Public Library. It's between W 9th and W 10th I think. The basement has wifi and plenty of power outlets and is dead quiet.

2. Also NYPL but the one on 42nd St and 5th Ave. This location has wifi as well.

I like the first one better just because there is always a lot of tourists in the second one and gets noisy sometimes when I have to take my full lengths.

Good luck!

I'll definitely check out the JM library...thanks a lot!

the upper levels of the Newark Public Library are great - the wifi can be a bit slow sometimes, but quiet comfortable and theyre ususally there till 1130-12.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll definitely check out the JM library...thanks a lot!

I forgot to mention, the only downside to this library is that it doesn't have a public bathroom. You'll have to go over the the nearby McDonald's or Starbucks. It gets annoying when I go there alone and need someone to watch my stuff.....

A little late on this one, but Rutgers Newark's library (Dana Library) is alright, the Rutgers Newark undergrads like to go across the street to the Rutgers Newark Law Library, and up the street is the New Jersey Med School library. All permit visitors. I'm a regular