Study book for 2015 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vincy0320

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to buy either of these:
1. The Princeton Review Complete MCAT: New for MCAT 2015
2. 9th Edition Examkrackers MCAT Complete Study Package

Which one would you recommend? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Idk about EK but I hear 2015 TPR isn't too good (lots of errors, almost same content as old books, only 1 chapter on biochem)

So if you go with TPR it might be better to get their old books, along with their new psych book and Kaplan biochem

I've searched extensively and I've heard that TPR and Kaplan are actually the best books for 2015 MCAT. The ExamKrackers isn't as good but it does have better practice questions and passages.

I've also read that the TPR book if fully of errors and should be avoided. People seem to like Kaplan best for the 2015 test. I can't speak for EK except that I used them for the old MCAT and I enjoyed their books.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were studying for 2015 MCAT, I would use TBR for all sciences (including the new Biochem section), maybe Kaplan for Soc/Psych, and EK/TPR VW for verbal early on followed by Kaplan CARS book.

If I were studying for 2015 MCAT, I would use TBR for all sciences (including the new Biochem section), maybe Kaplan for Soc/Psych, and EK/TPR VW for verbal early on followed by Kaplan CARS book.
I would agree. TBR is excellent, except for General Bio -- where it is just way over the top. Soc/Psych, honestly, is all about getting familiar with the specific associated terms. Anyone can learn this stuff without a professor teaching them it, so any review book would be fine.

I would agree. TBR is excellent, except for General Bio -- where it is just way over the top. Soc/Psych, honestly, is all about getting familiar with the specific associated terms. Anyone can learn this stuff without a professor teaching them it, so any review book would be fine.

TBR Bio book II is prob the most hated TBR book out there, but it seems PERFECT for the added Biochem material. Not only does it provide the details in the new AAMC outline and improve your overall biochemical intuition, but provides tons of very hard relevant passages for each of those topics. It's like readymade for the new BS section IMO.

Reactions: 1 user