study for step 1 from pdf versions of review books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeesnob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be more difficult? I will probably buy the physical copy of First Aid though. There are so many pdf copies of review books floating around at my school, and I would like to save money if I can. But I am trying to see if anyone studied from pdf versions of board review books.

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be more difficult? I will probably buy the physical copy of First Aid though. There are so many pdf copies of review books floating around at my school, and I would like to save money if I can. But I am trying to see if anyone studied from pdf versions of board review books.
get both, the physical version and the pdf.
Do bulk study/annotations on FA and use the pdfs to do slight review before sleep, etc...

Reactions: 1 user
get both, the physical version and the pdf.
Do bulk study/annotations on FA and use the pdfs to do slight review before sleep, etc...

+1, although i do it the other way around. I annotate the pdf since you end up having pretty much limitless space and you can always edit stuff out once you feel you know it cold. I have the physical version because I feel if anyone in the medical book industry deserves to be paid, it's these guys.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1, although i do it the other way around. I annotate the pdf since you end up having pretty much limitless space and you can always edit stuff out once you feel you know it cold. I have the physical version because I feel if anyone in the medical book industry deserves to be paid, it's these guys.
Very true. You can always maximize it and then annotate. Nice call!

Anyone else like annotating the pdff version better? Any cool tips or tricks to study your annotations? I know you're able to print out just the "comments", which is a really nice feature.

Anyone else like annotating the pdff version better? Any cool tips or tricks to study your annotations? I know you're able to print out just the "comments", which is a really nice feature.
I think that just gets ridiculous unless you're an Adobe Acrobat Professional expert (I'm sure there are some) with respect to using it to annotate. If you're a highlighter type, I guess you could just use the highlighter function over and over again. lol.

No, you don't have to be an expert. I'm sure you'd run into some problems if you've never used a computer before. I've been adding links, pics, charts from other books... as long as you know how to "copy and paste", it's a lot faster.
It's also a lot faster to FIND your post it notes. I have my notes arranged by page number, so when I click on my note, the page that it's on opens up too.
Even searching by keyword is great. If you want to search for IL-8, for example, it will extend the search into your notes.

I LOVE making hand notes, which is why I didn't want to switch to electronic. But I wasted soooooo much time flipping through pages looking for items that were listed in multiple places, or looking for one of my "special UWorld notes (I knew it was from UWorld bc it was written on a neon yellow post it)", that I couldn't find." Just wondering if anyone else has tried it...