Study materials for clinicals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kboy2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

Im about to start my clinical rotations. Are there any textbooks/resources that are highly recommended? I will be getting a Kaplan set right off the bat for Step 2, but I am wondering if there are any essential texts I dont want to go without looking at (Ie, some incredibly great book for internal medicine, or another for OB...etc)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the best resource you can use is SDN. Try the search and scroll functions. You will find that there are at least 2 threads that cover this very specific and related topics.

Okay - sorry to be a jacka$$ but there are seriously hundreds of threads covering this topic. Also Google

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys

Im about to start my clinical rotations. Are there any textbooks/resources that are highly recommended? I will be getting a Kaplan set right off the bat for Step 2, but I am wondering if there are any essential texts I dont want to go without looking at (Ie, some incredibly great book for internal medicine, or another for OB...etc)

Thanks!

IM: Step up to medicine + MKSAP + Uworld questinsand NBME practice exams
Fam med: Case files or blue prints + NMS Q&A or Pretest + AAFP questions + UWorld preventative medicine questions
If a 2 month rotation do the iM and peds uworld questions. if one month like at my school no time for such.
Peds: Casefiles + BRS Peds + NBME practice tests + Uworld questions
Surgery: NMS Casebook + Pestana's surgery notes + NBME practice tests + Uworld questions
Neurology: Casefiles or Blue prints + Uworld questions + NBME practice exams; also know a bit about MSK sections in ambulatory chapter of step up to medicine and headaches in that section. also psych drugs as it pertains to delirium and dementia (Anti psychotics and benzos in particular)
Psych: First aid for psych + Uworld + NBME practice exams
Ob/gyn: Casefiles and/or blue prints + Uworld questions + NBME practice exams

That's as far as shelfs go. There's other resources for things for pocket books and what not for wards.

Reactions: 1 user