Study materials for pharmacy tech certification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimrose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently got a job offer at a local hospital for a student pharmacy technician position, and they give you a year to take and pass the PTCE exam.

So, I've been trying to look for a good book to study from for the exam, except there are so many choices online and many conflicting reviews.

If you've taken the exam before or am also studying for the exam, do you have any suggestions on what study guides or materials to use? Currently I have ZERO pharmacy tech experience (I will be starting my job once my background check is done) so I would need to start from the ground up with studying.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I recently got a job offer at a local hospital for a student pharmacy technician position, and they give you a year to take and pass the PTCE exam.

So, I've been trying to look for a good book to study from for the exam, except there are so many choices online and many conflicting reviews.

If you've taken the exam before or am also studying for the exam, do you have any suggestions on what study guides or materials to use? Currently I have ZERO pharmacy tech experience (I will be starting my job once my background check is done) so I would need to start from the ground up with studying.

Thank you!
I used the Mosby edition! It's very good. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, read Mosby's cover to cover and you'll be good to go

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone for your input! :D