Study materials for Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eye_in_the_sky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Strong Medicine enough for review of all subjects for Step 3? I read in a couple of discussion threads that SM has a bunch of mistakes.

Which question banks are high yield - how is USMLE world Step 3 fare?

In summary - which review books and question bank one needs to follow to clear the Step 3 comfortably in 2 months time?

Any helpful suggestions please?

Members don't see this ad.

eye_in_the_sky said:
Is Strong Medicine enough for review of all subjects for Step 3? I read in a couple of discussion threads that SM has a bunch of mistakes.

Which question banks are high yield - how is USMLE world Step 3 fare?

In summary - which review books and question bank one needs to follow to clear the Step 3 comfortably in 2 months time?

Any helpful suggestions please?

Besides, Kaplan Step 2 and 3 Notes, For Step 3 Questions, USMLEworld rocks again !! Not only the Questions, but also the CCS - practice the whole Bank along with CCS for a month ...

Swanson's Family Practice Book is very good for areas like Geriatrics and Ethics - which Kaplan NOtes do not cover very well...

Crush for Step 3 is not all that complete...though may be good for rapid revision

g/l

For Step 3, I liked the following:

MCQs - I used mainly Crush Step 3 and read through more detailed stuff like Harrisons for DM, HTN, MI more high yield stuff. For questions, I used Kaplan qbank which was ok. Maybe USMLEWorld qbank is better most say.

For CCS - The CCS mini-cases in First Aid for Step 3 are pretty good and quick to read. I used someone's printouts of UW CCS cases which are good also especially when they are free. The CCS cases on usmlesteps123.com were very good for practicing but the software was a little annoying.

Heard good things about Crush Step 3 and cases from the USMLE CD they give you.

later