Study Schedule and Scheduling for 2014 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamikaze1992

Moew
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a junior planning to apply for medschool/mstp programs for the 2014 cycle. I have 13 hours of class and would like to take the mcat in late may/june. I have enough time to self study for mcat 2-3 hours on week days and more on weekends... is this enough?? I plan to take the mcat in late may or early June. Which is the best time for me? I plan to leave enough time so I can retake it perhaps in August if things don't pan out. I also am currently planning to perhaps take an off year for MCAT if things dont work out, but considering the change in MCAT in 2015, how will this affect me? If I apply in fall 2015, do I have to take the new mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Note that if you take the MCAT too late (after June) your application will be considered late. Honestly I would aim for early may, which should allow for a late June retake (but ideally only take it once). The old MCAT should be valid for three years at most schools, similar to the current policy.