study schedule (dental student)*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldstar96

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats your everyday schedule as a dental student ?
how many hours do you study in school and work you do in school ?

how many hours you study other than school (like at home) ?

what about weekends study hours ?

Members don't see this ad.

Are all dentist sleeping or studying ?

no one is replying.

I want to know how many hours do you study/per day ?

Members don't see this ad :)
It was semester dependent. It depends on what you want to get out of your studies...

All A's (or close to :cool:) = Study at least every night - more so on test/quiz weeks. I felt guilty if i didn't hit the books at least 1-2 hours on friday, sat, and sun. It helps keep the ideas fresh.

Doing well = at least every day, weekends optional

Passing = Considerably less so. My classmates who wanted a few A's, more B's and C's (some had to remediate a few classes just crammed)

It is important to take breaks though. There is nothing wrong with seeing the city or taking a weekend off to relax, or going out a couple times a week...just don't fall in love with procrastination.

2-3 hours a day Monday thru Thursday (more for exams: 4-5hours starting about 3 nights before big exams, an extra 45min-1hr the night before quizzes). Nothing on Fridays (date night with the wife). 6-7 hours on Saturday. Nothing on Sunday: time for myself, play guitar, hang out with the fam, drink some beers, watch some TV (football during the fall).

This has worked very well for me so far :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
2-3 hours a day Monday thru Thursday (more for exams: 4-5hours starting about 3 nights before big exams, an extra 45min-1hr the night before quizzes). Nothing on Fridays (date night with the wife). 6-7 hours on Saturday. Nothing on Sunday: time for myself, play guitar, hang out with the fam, drink some beers, watch some TV (football during the fall).

This has worked very well for me so far :thumbup:

This is the kind of schedule I am going to try and keep. I'd like to have a day where I don't think about school at all. With that being said, I'm sure that Sundays come and go in the blink of an eye.