Study support group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arvininfinity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The life style of prehealth students can socially isolate them. Often times you become so good at studying while losing your friends at the same time. It is great to be able to talk to like minded people on daily basis. I am not talking about a motivational group but more of a solid social contact with your peers. Think of celebrities and successful people who are best at what they do but feel so distant from other people.

Having attempted to google such group, I had very little success. Would anyone be interested in making a Facebook group as such .
The purpose of this group would be to just share ideas, study tips or just anything you feel like saying to the other folks.

Members don't see this ad.

No and the simple reason is because by now you should have been able to find the perfect balance for both academic and social life. It's not hard to make new friends and if you're having trouble doing so you may want to reconsider dentistry.

Support groups are best with real people, talking with people online doesnt count as social contact if anything itll make you feel worse about yourself. Dont take what Im saying too hard, I know where youre coming from I can relate. Making friends is easy but maintaining friendships while making sure you get perfect grades isnt. The trick is quality over quantity. Have a few very close friends/family and a gf/bf. Thats all the social contact/support/or whatever you need.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No and the simple reason is because by now you should have been able to find the perfect balance for both academic and social life. It's not hard to make new friends and if you're having trouble doing so you may want to reconsider dentistry.
I know what you mean. My preference is also friends outside the virtual world.

I know what you mean. My preference is also friends outside the virtual world.
I agree with blake. In high school and Middle school, and even freshman year of college, you will have a large number of friends. However, as you get older, that number decreases to quality and good friends. Once you're in dental school you will find like-minded people.

Support groups are best with real people, talking with people online doesnt count as social contact if anything itll make you feel worse about yourself. Dont take what Im saying too hard, I know where youre coming from I can relate. Making friends is easy but maintaining friendships while making sure you get perfect grades isnt. The trick is quality over quantity. Have a few very close friends/family and a gf/bf. Thats all the social contact/support/or whatever you need.

Truer words have never been said. You made me realize what I've overlooked for the longest time. Gotta work on that...

Also, if you have it already figured out kudos to you. Appreciate what you have.