studying abroad this summer/amcas question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

illixir

One
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm planning on studying abroad at an institution in mexico city this summer and from june 17 to aug 12, but I plan on turning in my primary app before I go so there will be no record of it on any transcript, do I need to list it on my amcas application, and if I don't do I need to adjust anything at a later date for it?

Members don't see this ad.

if you're 100% sure you're gonna do this, just go ahead and list it on your app. it's not a bad idea to wait until you come back, and send schools updates too. or bring it up during interviews. don't worry too much about it, unless you have absolutely nothing to write on your app. no biggie.

but I mean, the regular way AMCAS says to enter this is to list the foreign institution, request a transcript exception for it, and then to enter in all the courses under the home institution, there's not going to be any records for any of this when I submit my app, so wouldnt that screw things up when they do verification?

also another somewhat related question, if I transferred schools, and my AP credits will show up on both my home institution and the school that I transferred from, which one do I put the AP credits under if they will be on both transcripts

also, if my school granted me transfer credit from my first institution(10 quarter credits for having done 8 semester classes) do I only need to list those 8 classes under the transfer institution or do I have to make note of this somehow under the host institution coursework section

also, i have plenty of stuff for my app, i just want to make sure i get everything documented and verified properly the first time so i dont have to deal with anything other than secondaries while im abroad

Members don't see this ad :)
Heyy! I'm going to spain for the summer too, and am in the same boat. But this is through Univerisity of California EAP system, so the classes are all registered and I just put it with my normal UC course load. You may just list it as a class attended at your current institution rather than a foreign one if its listed like mine is. My EAP grades get added to my UCI transcript just the same.

My problem is--- finding the time to do my secondaries abroad. sigh.

ok, and im guessing you just checkmarked the current/future box when you put in the courses?