Studying During Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmb1908

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious how residents study during residency. I understand that the hours are much different than the ones in medical school, but after you have a day of lecture, how do you typically try to retain the material for your clinical practice, inservice exams, boards, etc? What about outside reading assignments? How are those tackled?

Members don't see this ad.

Read an hour every day. Preferably something you had a question on or a case you saw that you aren't well versed in.

Listen to podcasts in the car or on a run.

Show up to lecture and stay engaged.

That's probably the best uou can hope for.

Read an hour every day. Preferably something you had a question on or a case you saw that you aren't well versed in.

Listen to podcasts in the car or on a run.

Show up to lecture and stay engaged.

That's probably the best uou can hope for.
What podcasts do you use? I joined emra thinking id have access to emrap but i cant find the app on my phone

Members don't see this ad :)
What podcasts do you use? I joined emra thinking id have access to emrap but i cant find the app on my phone

Go to EMRA's website, then benefits, then EM:RAP. It'll walk you through the setup process.

I have an Android phone, so they don't have an app, but you can then plug it into whatever podcast player you want to use.

I've also heard many people plug Smart EM and EMCrit, but I haven't gotten around to listening to them. EM Basic is good for the medical student level, but man is it dry in comparison to EM:RAP.

EM:RAP, Emcrit, amal mattu's EKG podcast makes a good starting point.

Are you talking about Mattu's EKG of the week or does he do something else too?

Thank you everyone