Studying for MCAT while completing final prerequisite.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbsare

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning on taking the 2015 MCAT at the end of next August. However, I will have completed all but one of my prequesites (Orgo II). I am unable to take it during this school year due to scheduling problems, and it is only offered in the second part of the summer. Would studying for the MCAT, while simultaneously completing Orgo II be a problem? Does anyone have experience with studying for the exam while taking one of the prerequisites necessary?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you have almost a YEAR till you take it. So what i personally would do is start the MCAT studying ahead of time.

Don't make the mistake i made where I waited to finish all my prereq to start studying. There's NO need for that. Just study the sections you took classes in. Save orgo 2 for last obviously because you haven't (or will) taken it yet, and the knowledge will also be fresh in your brain.

Goodluck !

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, focus on your classes. One step at a time! Also, when you schedule your MCAT, make sure you schedule it in a way that allows you to be in the early application cycle for medical school.

Yes, focus on your classes. One step at a time! Also, when you schedule your MCAT, make sure you schedule it in a way that allows you to be in the early application cycle for medical school.

I'm Canadian, and we don't have rolling admissions here so I am not at a disadvantage if I apply late in the cycle. But thank you for the advice!

Well, you have almost a YEAR till you take it. So what i personally would do is start the MCAT studying ahead of time.

Don't make the mistake i made where I waited to finish all my prereq to start studying. There's NO need for that. Just study the sections you took classes in. Save orgo 2 for last obviously because you haven't (or will) taken it yet, and the knowledge will also be fresh in your brain.

Goodluck !

Yes, I've already started trying to solidify content of the classes that I have already taken, so I will work on that. Thank you very much! :)