Studying for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRDP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been following the 3 month study guide that has been provided on this forum and i have a question about the study guide. Should i be taking notes while i'm reading the chapters? I feel like i will retain the information more if i took notes, but that sure takes a few more hours to actually read the chapter. Thanks, BigRDP

Members don't see this ad.

I have separate notebooks, one for each subject, and took down notes for every chapter in the TBR books (but also supplemented my notes with tprh and ek books). The reason being that it's just the way I study, and I've been doing it my entire undergrad so i'm really much more comfortable doing so. I also think it's a personal preference. If you feel like you'll retain more making your own notes ( i feel the same way) but that it might take you longer, then maybe take that into consideration when you plan your day-to-day workload. Spend a few more hours maybe? Remember, you're simply following a study guide, but everybody learns differently, so follow it and make adjustments according to your own study habits to make it more effective for YOU. Goodluck!

I have been following the 3 month study guide that has been provided on this forum and i have a question about the study guide. Should i be taking notes while i'm reading the chapters? I feel like i will retain the information more if i took notes, but that sure takes a few more hours to actually read the chapter. Thanks, BigRDP

The point is to learn. If you learn better by taking notes, then take notes and devote more time to studying.