Studying for OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

late bloomers r best

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. I am retaking organic chemistry 1 and 2 this summer. It's helping a lot and I'm making an A. Should I count the time I study for ochem towards my oat study hours?

2. I have not registered for oat yet. because of finances. I will not have the funds until next month. How far in advance are the testing centers usually booked? I want to test in August but I'm worried I've waited too late.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Yes. You should be golden if you're taking both orgos this summer and right before your OAT exam.
2. My testing center had basically all days open/available, and come test day there was plenty of open spots. But each center is different, so there's no sure answer to it. Do you not have a credit card you can use to book it and then pay the fee / credit card bill next month when you do have the funds?

1. Yeah! But also, I would spend some more time going over the reactions, a lot of generic stuff from ochem is easy to stick...like R/S configurations, nomenclature and all that ochem 1 stuff. But the reactions take a bit more practice!
2. It really depends on where you live. I live in a small town where prometric only had a testing center available for 4 students at a time taking all kinds of different exams,not just OATs! But if you live in a bigger town, you should be fine! You can always call them and ask how far in advance they book up!