Studying for the new MCAT with Khan Academy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of you studying for the new MCAT using the videos and practice passages from the Khan academy? If so, do you find them useful as compared to other prep companies such as Kapkan, Princeton, TBR, Next Step Prep(do they only have diagnostic exam)?
Also, I feel like the practice passage from Khan academy is rather long compared to some of the official sample MCAT questions I've seen, so I am not sure if it truly reflects the official MCAT, even though it apparently collaborated with AAMC to make all those study materials.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would opt for one of the more popular MCAT prep book sets and use Khan's videos only as a supplement to any topic the books don't cover well enough. To see which books have been serving people well, see this thread here, http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/30-mcat-study-habits-the-cbt-version.503250/

I believe that that thread has one of the most diverse, reliable, and lengthy records of what people have used for MCAT success in the past.

Are any of you studying for the new MCAT using the videos and practice passages from the Khan academy? If so, do you find them useful as compared to other prep companies such as Kapkan, Princeton, TBR, Next Step Prep(do they only have diagnostic exam)?
Also, I feel like the practice passage from Khan academy is rather long compared to some of the official sample MCAT questions I've seen, so I am not sure if it truly reflects the official MCAT, even though it apparently collaborated with AAMC to make all those study materials.
I recently found a free YouTube MCAT tutor that is filming his review sessions with other students. Really cool. His videos look good so far but there aren't very many posted since they just started their MCAT course. Here is the link to his playlists that he has so far: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVPgbrwAP1VDv-bHLfFzVxA/playlists

I subscribed to the channel to get updates and videos sent to me and will let you all know how it goes!

I think Khan is great too. If you all hear of any other free resources please let me know!

Reactions: 1 users