Studying MD in Germany as an international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanice11125

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I currently hold a BSc in Biology (Language of instruction: English) from Hong Kong which is internationally recognized. I am only learning B1 German at the moment, but I plan to take intensive German course and take DSH later and apply German medical school.

For those of you who have a foreign Bachelor degree and studied in German medical school before, do you think the language barrier followed you for the whole 6 yrs? Or at a pt, you can get over the language problem? Because studying MD is hard enough so I am afraid that studying MD in German will make it too tough.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You need a good toefl to be accepted anyway. I know a finnish dude that made it, I would put him definetly B2 or C1 though. He struggles with the language in his third year.

You need a good toefl to be accepted anyway. I know a finnish dude that made it, I would put him definetly B2 or C1 though. He struggles with the language in his third year.
TOEFL is an English test. Why would Germany require an English test?

Ah screw me. Sorry. Got confused with my prereqs in the states. I meant the DSH obviously.