Studying medicine in Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mensh95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have applied to study medicine at Marburg university and i want to know if my GPA is good enough to be accepted, i know the main criterion is the abitur and i think my GPA on that is pretty good (it's 1.1 in the German system) however, i come from a country in the middle east and the first year of university in my home country is considered as a criterion as well because my secondary school is not enough, anyway i have started studying medicine where i live and scored 1.7 in the German system in my first year of uni and i am really worried it is not enough. Please any help will be appreciated. is this a good GPA? i am starting from the first semester anyway but i have been told that they consider the first year of uni as well and 1.7 is not so good attachFull191948 please help. Can they overlook this since 1.1 is pretty good or am i going to have some problems?

thank you guys attachFull191949

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-9_0-49-21.png
    upload_2015-5-9_0-49-21.png
    95 bytes · Views: 55
  • upload_2015-5-9_0-49-21.png
    upload_2015-5-9_0-49-21.png
    95 bytes · Views: 43
Germany is pretty relaxed about accepting medical school candidates (compared to US, UK, Canada, etc.).
Go ahead and apply! Stop worrying ;)

A 1.7 Abitur wont get you in medical school - as a German, that is. International Students are different. Try to apply to HHU, theyre pretty cool with internationals. PM me if you need more help. Definetly show proficiency in German though. I never heard of classes taught in English in medschool over there.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! I am a European Medical Student in my Second year. I am learned German till B2 and is on my to C1. Its a pretty big jump.
I have always studied European Qualification ( A levels blah blah ) so I guess it isn't a huge problem for me. But anyone know about the transfer process? I know Landesrpufungsamt and all but do it always have to be that I loose semester :( . Frei University states otherwise.

Is there an English medical program for western English speaking students in Germany?

Is there an English medical program for western English speaking students in Germany?
nope! These are mostly in the Eastern European Region like the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Spain ( only for dentistry I think, and there is one really expensive for meds just check out your self).
I am studying in Charles University. I would rather learn the language of the country and study there because thats what will make the whole experience worthwhile. I learned german but unfortunately it was too late :(

Germany is pretty relaxed about accepting medical school candidates (compared to US, UK, Canada, etc.).
Go ahead and apply! Stop worrying ;)

Hey dr, are you studying in Germany?? Can you explain to me the procedures to come over there?? Where did you learn the language?? Actually I have already completed my MBBS and I am interested to do my specialization over there... What exams do I have to take in order to be eligible to apply?? thanx