Studying medicine in Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildSwans

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently nearing the end of secondary school (high school) and I am hoping to study medicine. Considering I speak near fluent German and fluently understand the language as I am half German and spent every Summer there as a child, studying in Germany seems like a good choice with its reputable universities etc. I have a few questions regarding the admission process. In Ireland, we are required to take a HPAT exam (basically a separate exam after your school exams measuring a candidates logical and problem solving abilities), is there an equivalent to this exam in Germany? What else is required when applying to a German University?
Also is there any undergraduate courses in English because although I have good, however not fluent, German I am afraid of learning everything in German only to move to another country and not be able to understand any of the complicated medical vocab. in English or worse not being able to understand any of the complicated medical terms while trying to study them there.
Thank you so much.
I would also love to hear your experience studying in Germany and whether you think it's something I should pursue. Thanks a million.

Members don't see this ad.