Studying Schedule Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSmyth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am planning on taking the MCAT in April 2016, and I wanted to ask about my schedule for studying. During the time I am studying I will have to take Physics II with lab, but that will be my only class. I plan on laying out 10-12 weeks to study.

I will treat it as a full time job pretty much, dedicating 40hrs/week to studying. I was thinking about dedicating two, 2 hour chunks of time during the week to my physics class just to get at least a B in it, while studying for the majority of the day on Monday-Thursday. Every Friday I will take a practice exam and do no other studying. Saturdays and Sundays will always be off.

I'll be graduating with a GPA above 3.9, so I really want to score at least a 32 (whatever the equivalent to that is on the new exam) soI don't tank my chances for acceptance. How does this schedule sound to you guys? Can anybody point me in the right direction for helpful studying methods without taking a prep course. Thank you!

Also, should I buy the Kaplan set of MCAT books? I didn't really want to mix and match, I just wanted to stick to one set I think.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. Similar situation here, but non-trad, taking Cell Bio while studying for the MCAT. Bad idea?

Which books are best? Feeling a bit weak on Physics content, so would like a solid book for that. I am overwhelmed by the options! Is a tutor worth the money? O