Subinternship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madamebovary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school requires us do either a subI in medicine, surgery, or pediatrics. I was wondering if it mattered if to have done one in medicine or is it flexible for psych programs? like would it okay to do one in pediatrics

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it matters. Go for what you're most interested in. However, medicine will serve you best for intern year.

Out of curiosity,whose your avatar of?

Anna Tsuchiya

thanks for quick reply leo. And does it matter if i need to do it before submiting eras or just anytime before i graduate

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just trying to imagine a program director who has enough time to contemplate which applicants did which sub-I and was it before or after the initial ERAS application. Really, you either complete your graduation requirements or you don’t. After that it is all about scores, grades, and LORs. Once in a blue moon an outstanding essay, but life experience and research is an order of magnitude above which sub-I. If a program is drilling down to “gee, this one did a peds sub-I, but this one did medicine”, then that program director needs to be given more clinical work to do. I like the avatar as well.

Reactions: 1 users