Submission after September 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docdionne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read through SO many posts. Not all of them, because as you will see, I'm on a time crunch - but anyway, I'm sorry if this exact question was asked. And then someone hid it very well.

Today is September 15th. I will not be hitting the submit button on ERAS until Saturday. The essence of my question is: How fcked am I?

I have to finish my personal statement, have one letter missing, and my professional headshot won't be available until Saturday. I'm a DO student with average test scores (but I have a great personality) applying IM in Michigan. Can I get away with submitting Saturday? I keep hearing the option to submit now and add things in later, but I just feel like I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

And in case you're already judging me for not being ready pre-Sept 15th: my little brother is sick. there was prioritizing.

Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

FWIW, my PD was leaving work at the same time I did (~3:00) today to do other things. I doubt she or our PC will begin looking at applications until tomorrow. When I applied, the interview I got right away was my home program, and I'm fairly certain they auto invited all of us.

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW, my PD was leaving work at the same time I did (~3:00) today to do other things. I doubt she or our PC will begin looking at applications until tomorrow. When I applied, the interview I got right away was my home program, and I'm fairly certain they auto invited all of us.

Indeed, the laws of physics still apply and it is impossible to review all of the applications received on 9/15 on 9/15, so a delay until Saturday is no big deal. But, I will also say that submitting what you have plus the personal statement--that's something you want to have when you submit--now and adding the photo and letter later (but soon) is also not a big deal.

Reactions: 2 users
Indeed, the laws of physics still apply and it is impossible to review all of the applications received on 9/15 on 9/15, so a delay until Saturday is no big deal. But, I will also say that submitting what you have plus the personal statement--that's something you want to have when you submit--now and adding the photo and letter later (but soon) is also not a big deal.

Just to confirm: we can definitely add the photo after having submitted, correct? I'm also waiting to have access to a high resolution portrait.

Just to confirm: we can definitely add the photo after having submitted, correct? I'm also waiting to have access to a high resolution portrait.
The only thing you can't change after initial submission is your CV and LORs that have been sent to programs already.

And you don't need a high-res portrait. It's going to be printed out passport photo size, if at all. Just get a picture

The only thing you can't change after initial submission is your CV and LORs that have been sent to programs already.

And you don't need a high-res portrait. It's going to be printed out passport photo size, if at all. Just get a picture

One other question if you see this in time:

For the CV, I input all of my experiences, and it with the wonky ERAS formatting it comes out to three pages. Should I try to reduce this to two pages / does it matter?

For the CV, I input all of my experiences, and it with the wonky ERAS formatting it comes out to three pages. Should I try to reduce this to two pages / does it matter?

how do you manage that? You have to open a new window for every experience you have and each has a max character...

The answer to this question is the same as it is to 98% of the questions about ERAS:

IT DOESN'T F***ING MATTER

Reactions: 1 users