Submission of Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffinhaed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been browsing through the letter requirements for some of the schools ill be applying to and I see there are different requirements.

Some school want 2 or 1 dentists, some want 3-2-1 science professors.

How many can you send and is there other ways than aadsas to send it to schools, or you have to choose them?

I heard they limit 4 letters, is it possible to choose which letters go where?

Really confused about this one.

Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been browsing through the letter requirements for some of the schools ill be applying to and I see there are different requirements.

Some school want 2 or 1 dentists, some want 3-2-1 science professors.

How many can you send and is there other ways than aadsas to send it to schools, or you have to choose them?

I heard they limit 4 letters, is it possible to choose which letters go where?

Really confused about this one.

Thank you guys!

It can be frustrating that different schools require different letters, and even figuring out the letters each school requires can be a hassle. AADSAS only allows four letters. You cannot specify which letters go to which schools; whatever AADSAS receives, they send out. What you should do is figure out what the most commonly required letters are (for me it was one personal reference, two science professors, and a dentist) and send those four to AADSAS. This will leave you with a fifth and possibly a sixth letter that will have to be sent to one or two schools (for me it was one letter from a non-science prof that had to be sent to 2 schools). You can have the evaluator write the letter and send it to the school (being sure that they sign over the seal on the back so the school knows it's authentic). The schools will disregard the excess letters, and only look at what was requested. They will also add the extra letter you sent to your file, so that you'll be complete at all schools.

I know it's kind of a hassle, but it's just one of those hoops we have to jump through.

Thank you so much!

That clears up a lot, I was under the impression that you could not send letters directly to the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The typical norm is two science + one dentist as LOR writers