Submitted, now waiting on materials to arrive, how do I look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznman375

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asked this before and was told that I have a solid chance so went ahead and submitted. But my transcripts have yet to arrive and it looks like it'll take weeks for them to arrive/be verified, and then there's verification after that...

Sgpa 3.29
MCAT 36
2 years as a medical scribe (full time, post graduation)
1 year of research
summer of shadowing a neurologist
Volunteer abroad during winter break
small amount of podiatry shadowing, that I'm expanding and updating on my application.

How do I look for getting in this fall, knowing that my app will be looked at late?

Thanks for the help :) the users here are great!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to TUSPM next year and one of the students we had lunch with was a similar story. From what people say on here and looking at your metrics, you have a decent shot at some of the bigger schools and waitlist interview spots at some of the fuller small schools. My advice is to be prepared on answering the why podiatry question because thats what they are going to look at the most at this point.

Thanks for the insight! I've definitely given that question plenty of thought so I feel prepared for my interviews. Just nervously waiting on them now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Asked this before and was told that I have a solid chance so went ahead and submitted. But my transcripts have yet to arrive and it looks like it'll take weeks for them to arrive/be verified, and then there's verification after that...

Sgpa 3.29
MCAT 36
1 year of research
small amount of podiatry shadowing, that I'm expanding and updating on my application.

How do I look for getting in this fall, knowing that my app will be looked at late?

Mcat looks fantastic. Sgpa could be higher but its solid. If you're currently working on the podiatry shadowing than it should be no problem. Be confident on why you applied to pod instead of being an MD/DO switch over. Not throwing you under the bus, just telling you based off of what I'm seeing.

No problem, I definitely understand how it looks that way. I actually had an interview and was waiting on a school, but my heart's just not in it anymore for MD. thanks for the candor.

Reactions: 1 user
Work on getting a LoR from a podiatrist, and like others have said, have an answer for why podiatry.
At this late into the cycle you've still got a very, very solid chance at getting in but it's just a matter of which schools have spots open and which ones have started placing applicants on wait lists.
Last May and June two of my friends got into Kent and Barry, so it's definitely not too late right now.

Work on getting a LoR from a podiatrist, and like others have said, have an answer for why podiatry.
At this late into the cycle you've still got a very, very solid chance at getting in but it's just a matter of which schools have spots open and which ones have started placing applicants on wait lists.
Last May and June two of my friends got into Kent and Barry, so it's definitely not too late right now.

Pretty cool that your friends got in that late. Not very common right?

When I interviewed at Kent, they said they only had 1/2 their class filled (actual deposits) that was around mid/late march... So I think you still have a chance at the bigger schools. Don't lose hope!

Pretty cool that your friends got in that late. Not very common right?
Not common for schools with small class sizes, but it's fairly common for schools with larger classes sizes like Kent - they just rush to fill in the open seats towards the end of the cycle.

Sgpa 3.29
MCAT 36
1 year of research

You submitted your application, so you're pretty much in already with that MCAT.
No problem, I definitely understand how it looks that way. I actually had an interview and was waiting on a school, but my heart's just not in it anymore for MD. thanks for the candor.
Probably a smart move - just make sure you're certain to be happy with your decision before turning down the MD route (not the type of thing to change on-the-whim).