Submitting AMCAS June 5th or June15th- big difference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am complete with everything except the personal statement on AMCAS. I am working on it right now. I wanted to complete it before June but due to unforseen circumstances, was unable to do so. Anyways, I plan to finsih it around JUne 15th. Will I be at a very big disadvantage if I turn it around mid- June instead of the first day? I am not trying to be a smart one here but just want to get an idea. thanx

Members don't see this ad.

It actually matters what time on June 5th you submit. Morning is much much better than afternoon. And in your case, June 15th would put you more than 200 hours behind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I heard that all the big Canadian schools like Harvard and John Hipkins won't accept your application after Jun 6th.

Only kidding. All those big Canadian schools still accept applications after that. Relax....if you submit anytime in June you're so ahead of the game!

It actually matters what time on June 5th you submit. Morning is much much better than afternoon. And in your case, June 15th would put you more than 200 hours behind.

Well played. Somehow I thought I'd be the first to be a smart@$$.... you've got mad speed.

In other words, no...it doesn't matter at all. You'll still get secondaries around the same time as you would have if you submitted it on the 5th.

I've heard it before too. Can someone explain why we secondaries at the same time if we turn it in June 5th and June 15th?

To tell you the truth... I think there is a difference between the 5th and the 15th. Both are still early, but we don't know how the new CBT MCAT dates will affect the admissions cycle. So this will be the first time we see how this plays out. There could be no difference at all or a large noticeable difference.

No difference. July is considered early, June is considered REALLY REALLY EARLY.

i submitted mine last september...and got into a top 20 medical school

Well played. Somehow I thought I'd be the first to be a smart@$$.... you've got mad speed.

On SDN, you really have to hurry if you want to get those smart alec comments in before anyone else.

To tell you the truth... I think there is a difference between the 5th and the 15th. Both are still early, but we don't know how the new CBT MCAT dates will affect the admissions cycle. So this will be the first time we see how this plays out. There could be no difference at all or a large noticeable difference.
I don't know if there is a true difference between 2 weeks in June, but the head adviser at my school did mention that the prediction is for applicants to apply earlier this year. In the past, when the DAT was made into a CBT, applicants applied a lot earlier. Then again, dental applicants are less restricted in their testing dates than we are.

take your time and write a kick a$$ personal statement. and send it in by end of June.
or if you're worried yeah june 15 is fine.