Submitting Application without all LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

szetok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just asked my research professor to write me a LOR but she can't write it if I need it before July 1. But I want to get my application in as soon as possible. Am I allowed to submit my application without all my letters of recommendations for AACOMAS?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I just asked my research professor to write me a LOR but she can't write it if I need it before July 1. But I want to get my application in as soon as possible. Am I allowed to submit my application without all my letters of recommendations for AACOMAS?

Thank you!
You won't need to send in LORs in most cases until you send in your secondary which probably will be later in July or August, just depends on when schools send them out.

EDIT: Also, you will use a service like Interfolio or VirtualEvals for your LORs not AACOMAS

Last edited:
Thank you! And yeah, sorry I was just in a panic mode after my professor emailed me back saying she couldn't do it before July 1. I opened a file through my school so they'll send it out for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
No worries, best of luck getting your letters. I had one slow letter writer, which I guess it was an awesome letter, but I was pulling my hair out to get him to hurry it up.

Yeah...I'm really stressed over this LOR process right now. I've asked a few professors like a month ago and they haven't submitted it into my school file yet...

I completely agree. It's so stressful... I already have all the letter writers I need..it's just them writing it now...... completely at their mercy.... :(

Yeah the whole LOR process is lengthy and time consuming at best. My school has a committee letter as well, so the committee collects all letters and then submits them for you (which helps with not paying for Interfolio for this step in the process, I'm sure for residency it will come in handy) without breaching the confidentiality of the letters. At the same time, it is a test in patience after you meet with professors for a letter. Eh after all this hopefully I'll be accepted somewhere. :cool:

I agree! Hopefully I only have to go through this once! I'm thinking about asking if my professor is willing to co-sign the letter with one of the coordinators I work closely with. But I don't want to sound pushy or rude that I don't want her to write my letter, because I do! I just want my letter as soon as possible. How should I approach this? Or should I even ask her that?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Set a certain point in time and then start asking about your letter. Just mention that it needs to be in soon, blah blah blah... You will get to a point where you don't really care how blunt you are.

You won't need to send in LORs in most cases until you send in your secondary which probably will be later in July or August, just depends on when schools send them out.

EDIT: Also, you will use a service like Interfolio or VirtualEvals for your LORs not AACOMAS

Till july or august? Oh wow!

Do we send them to the schools directly or to aacomas?

Starting to get slightly worried with LOR process here as well...I asked one of the science prof a month ago, sent in a reminder email last week and no reply. I'm gonna assume, for now, that she forgot and is embarrassed to admit that she did not even start yet. Other prof...oh boy.

Maybe trying to go see them during office hours if possible before the end of the semester? Good luck with getting your letters and hope things go well. :)

Here's the thing about letters... you have to make sure you are as proactive as possible with them. Some profs or letter writers may not understand how important receiving their letter in a timely manner is to the completion of your application. Gotta keep following up with them. No emails... call, or show up at their house.

Naked.

Haha. Yeah. I've only had one good experience..or two so far. My ochem professor who agreed to write it for me said he would have it in within a week. :) And my other professor, philosophy, actually asked when I wanted to have it sent in. Like he was letting me decide... he was also very prompt. He emails back super fast like the next day, unlike my other professors..... 2 weeks later..no response... :(

Definitely show up naked, and start dancing the crazy chicken dance :laugh:

School already ended for me over a week ago and I'm already back in my home city. I guess I could wait a week more and then give a call. It's just ironic that this prof was trying to help me out and even mentioned rolling admission. Whereas this really old and forgetful prof (yeah I know...) actually already sent in the letter even before I sent him a reminder email...

If I only get a letter from 1 science prof, do you think the other letter can be substituted with a letter from my PI? There's no premed committee at my school...